How do you open up a clip in an external audio editor in AP8?

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 7:00 AM

I just switched fully over to AP8 after a long wait and want to edit a clip in Audacity. In AP7 I just right click on the clip, select "Paint clip" and it gives me the option to edit in Audacity or whatever editor I'm using. There is nothing showing even though Audacity is linked in Options>Preferences>Editing. Help!

Comments

sheppo wrote on 3/1/2019, 7:22 AM

hi @Matt-Francis,

With the audacity linked, and given the name Audacity in preferences->editing it's simply a case of right clicking on a audio event on the timeline, on the context menu selecting Edit in Audacity from the Event Clip sub menu

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 8:44 AM

hi @Matt-Francis,

With the audacity linked, and given the name Audacity in preferences->editing it's simply a case of right clicking on a audio event on the timeline, on the context menu selecting Edit in Audacity from the Event Clip sub menu

Thanks for the reply. I did as you instructed but there is no Edit in Audacity in the sub menu, just:a greyed out Edit Source Project. Strange because in the Preferences>Editing it's linked to Audacity under Editing application 1.

CidBil wrote on 3/1/2019, 9:22 AM

So I had the same issue with the Edit in Audacity problem....the first time I tried it didn't show in the sub menu.....I went back into preferences and again set Audacity as my external editor, and this time it worked.....one note, I had to click apply twice for some reason...the first time I clicked it, apply did not grey out, so I clicked it again, and the second time it greyed out.....went back and righted clicked a clip and edit in audacity option was available...HTH

Seems closing and then restarting AP8 might help also.....

Just noticed, Edit in Audacity can also be found in the Tools menu....

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/2/2019, 2:05 AM

I tried clicking Apply but it does not grey out. Have closed and restarted AP8 a few times. Last night I had problems with Rewire and seems all the presets for the Sony plug ins have disappeared too. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.