How do you import a file from a DVD in the DVD drive of the comp?

mgodsave wrote on 6/14/2009, 9:55 PM
I cannot figure out how to simply import a video file from a DVD in the DVD drive of my computer.  The manual doesn't seem to discuss this either.  It gives instructions for importing from different types of cameras, but no mention of how to import from a DVD in the DVD drive.  Is this possible.  If so, how?

Comments

JohnnyLongBone wrote on 6/15/2009, 3:26 AM
Assuming you have "Windows", you'll want to save the movie to your hard drive, then you can import it to Magix.  If you recorded the DVD yourself, like on a DVD recorder hooked up to your TV, there are a couple ways to do this.  Put the DVD in your Computer's DVD drive, if a window pops up that gives you options of what you want to do with the DVD, one option should be to open the folder containing the movie, (I don't remember the exact wording) click that option, select/highlight the folder named "VIDEO TS" and click "copy this folder".  Copy it to somewhere you'll be able to find like "my videos".  If you no window pops up after you put the DVD in, click start, my computer, then whatever drive your DVD is in example: "CD Drive (E)" click that, in there you'll find the folder "VIDEO TS" follow the above instructions.  Then you can open Movie Edit Pro, click "Import file" on the main screen, go to where you put that VIDEO TS, and select video 01_1.  Now, if the DVD is something you bought commercially, it's probably copy protected and you'll need a DVD decrypter.  I suggest DVDFab or DVDShrink.  Both of which you can download for free & legally at www.download.com  You can use either to decrypt and save the movie to your hard drive.