How do you get help from magix???

videovenger wrote on 11/10/2009, 9:56 PM
I foolishly bought an older version of magix movie editor 12. the SE # is printed on the CD. I used that number to install software and to register product. the idiots at magix claim I do not have a valid SE # and refuse to help me get an activation code. their website recognized my SE# and on page 11 of the instruction book, they give a sample of an older SE# like mine and they say they are still valid. I am quite angry and a victim of theft by magix!

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 11/11/2009, 2:27 AM
Where did you buy a SE version? SE version usually are free hardware bundling versions (e.g. camcorders).

If you have a serial, you need to register the serial on the website and should get the activation code via email. Did you buy this version on ebay? In this case not Magix are the idiots, because the serial is still registered on the old owner. You can not register a serial on two different persons. The old user has to unregister the serial at Magix' website.

I am using Movie Edit Pro 15 and I know 16 is coming in January. So you use a 3,5 years old SE version. I understand that you are angry - but if you buy an old product you can not expect premium support from the manufacturer.

Give us more info and maybe some of us has an idea,

Cheers
Lazer

emptech wrote on 11/11/2009, 1:59 PM
Is this the product number or serial number?  My serial number is printed on the dvd sleeve.  Does Magix print serial numbers on the dvd itself, or have they ever?
Lazerboy wrote on 11/13/2009, 4:21 AM
on the Dvd sleeve is correct. On the CD are printed activation numbers for hardware bundles. But this seems to be a very old one...