How do you get a renamed project to show up?

Confused wrote on 9/17/2009, 2:21 AM
I created a project MGTEST4, after completing a jerky (scrolling text) adding transitions (or fades whichever they are called), and adding ending credits I renamed the project Oregon Coast 2009.  The problem is that when I load Oregon Coast 2009 it also adds (MGTEST4) to the end of the name, and when I go to edit it shows as MGTEST4 .  When I try to make a menu (which is also frustrating) MGTEST4 shows up in the menu.  Is there any way to remove the MGTEST4 which should have been renamed. Notice the first .jpg shows load existing proj which is Oregon Coast 2009,  Now notice after it loads the top line shows the project with the MGTEST4 also, the bottom of the first clip also shows MGTEST4. 

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 9/17/2009, 4:29 AM
Hello,

You have to make sure to distinguish between the project and the movie name. The project (MVP file) is the bigger unit and can contain one or more movies (MVD files), which you can all burn onto a single DVD. The movie that is currently selected for editing and showing in the arranger shows up behind the project name in the title bar. You can switch between the movies via the drop-down menu that you get from the film reel underneath the preview monitor. There, you will also find a rename function (hotkey F3) to change the name of the currently selected movie. This should do the trick.

Btw, the movie file name being displayed as the text in the DVD-authoring section is only a suggestion by the program. If you're not happy with it you can change the text that is actually being displayed in the final DVD menu via the "menu entry properties" dialog anyway.

I hope this helps!

Confused wrote on 9/17/2009, 3:17 PM
I don't understand, but will study the answer some more, maybe a light will come on.
Confused wrote on 9/18/2009, 12:35 AM
Menu making in this cludge of a program is worse than file import (oops file copy using USB).

How do I get rid of the box around the scene?  Sometimes it puts another text box up above it and when the text is edited, I can't get rid of that box either.

The help files don't help.

I thought I had a menu that would work, but when I tried burning to disk I wasted a little over an hour and got an error saying Error rendering menu.