How do I refresh my soundpools?

KaneS wrote on 7/30/2009, 6:23 PM
Hi

I have Music Maker 14 and I bought several soundpools for it, after installing the soundpools I noticed that my soundloops were poorly organized so I organized them through my computer (I use Vista), however the problems is that when I use MM 14 the changes I made to the organization of my soundloops are not there.

I have tried going to my settings, selecting "Hide unavailable loops" but wit no luck.

Anything I can do?

Thanks.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 7/31/2009, 4:46 AM
Hi there,

I'm not completely sure as to what you have done to the soundpools on your system. I understand that you possibly moved and reorganized them on your hard drive. As a direct result of that, the location of the loops does no longer really match up with what Music Maker has stored in its soundpool database and you won't be able to use them from there. You should basically reset and rescan the database: Go into the "General" tab of the Music Maker program settings ("Y" key) and use the buttons to delete/reset the soundpool database. Then, back in the program main screen, use the import/add button in the soundpool database section to refill the database by pointing the file dialog that will come up to the location on your hard drive where your soundpools are stored now. That should do the trick.

NOTE: In Music Maker 14 the buttons to comfortably delete/reset the database in the program settings dialog will only show up after applying the available patch! So, make sure you got that.

I hope this helps. Good luck!