How do I get music from a CD into the Magix program?

mohrmh wrote on 3/22/2009, 8:54 PM
Magix MP3 Maker Deluxe has no directions for explaining how to get my CD music into the program. As such, this program just sits useless, since I don't know how to access my CDs and copy their contents into the program.
I'm sure it's some pathetically elementary process that I'm just not savvy to.

Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 3/26/2009, 3:39 AM
You didn't indicate which version of MP3 Maker you are using, but I'm sure they work the same for this function.  I'll tell you the steps using MP3 Maker 12 dlx

Bring up MP3 Maker
Insert your CD in the computer's CD/DVD drive
MP3 Maker may not reconize the CD automatically (depends on your Windows configuration).  If not, click the down-arrow button (left of the "Track info" button).

Browse to your audio CD

Select all of the tracks (put a check next to them in the far left column)

Click the "track info" button to get CD data from freeDB.org

Right-click track 1 and choose "Properties (ID3)"

Modify the track information as you choose.  Clicking "Replace" will make the change on all of the tracks.  You can also assign a photo to the file in this area.  Click "OK" when you are done.

Toward the center-right area of MP3 Make, you'll see "Convert and transfer to playlist" then "All" and 'Selection" bottons.  Choose "All"

This will open up the "Encoder settings" dialogue box.  Click the "Advanced" button to open up all of the options.

Choose the options as you see fit in this dialogue box.  Also, choose the resultant file format and quality you want.  Remember, the better the quality, the larger the file.  I always choose "MP3 Original (*.mp3)" and I choose the highest quality settings.

Click "start" and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps,

Tim