How do I get a copy of Magix Photostory that work for more than 30 days

houstonte wrote on 3/4/2015, 6:33 PM

Back in 2013 I bought what I thought was MAGIX PhotoStory and received a license number which activated the program, but it seems that at the end of thirty days the trial period ends  the order number "Your order number is:  20130415004172927MXC" as shown on the 4/15/2013 email also had registration number ************.  Frankly, i'm tired of having to reload the program each time i want to uses it, and quite frankly find the formum format for solving  problem so far below useless I can't understand why i'm even trying again, except I paid good money for what appears to be junk.  I've posted two requests prior to this, and nobody even asked or cared what the problem.  I think that companies that use the formum type problem solving are throwing their software over the wall and let a bunch of self appointed nerds do their work.  Reminds me of Dilbert!!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/5/2015, 7:48 AM

Hi

Did you enter the serial number you were given and registre the program?

If so then you can check your serial number and registration was successful by going to the magix website (magix.com), click the head and shoulders icon top right and login using the email address and password you registered with.

Click My Products will take to your registered software and serial number.

. . . .  I've posted two requests prior to this . . . .

Where did you post these and are they still there?   This is the only question that is showing up.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/5/2015, 7:48 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

houstonte wrote on 3/5/2015, 7:12 PM

John EB - sory about the tiraid.  The registration number provided is already in the registration screen, and works right after reinstatting the program.  Howevere, when i want to use the program to resume work after thirty days, the registration screen comes up again with all the information filled in, the program produces a congratulation you have sucessfully registered, but the PhotoStory does not launch.  So what I do is to go to my downloads and reinstall the program, the registration screen comes up, success and then the program launches.

In regard to my profile, I never did find a head and shoulders that would produce a "MyProducts" button to click.

The prevoius posting were a couple of months ago and the great monitor in the sky deleted them after two or three week of nobody taking any notice of the post.

At the very least, thank you for taking notice and replying.

From my point of view, the registration function is not cancelling out the trial version that was given to me to download.

Tom

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2015, 7:38 AM

Hi

The 'head shoulders icon is this one - top right of the magix.com website

The loss of registration can be caused by any of the following:

- Windows is using System Restore because there is a problem with the last saved configuration

- Certain registry cleaners remove the registration

- Antivirus may be preventing correct storage of the registration data.

Have a look at this topic to see if it affects you.

Failing these I suggest you contact Magix support.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/6/2015, 7:38 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.