how do i connect my guitar and microphone so i can record with music maker 14?, i already have it going through a lexicon box connecting to my computer but its just not reading in my music maker program.

Billee wrote on 3/16/2009, 4:57 AM

I already have my guitar and microphone running through a lexicon omega box and connecting to my computer but how do i get it to read on my music maker program?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 3/16/2009, 5:21 AM
Hi there,

Make sure to check the whole sound driver and audio device setup in Music Maker: Press "P" on your keyboard to bring up the program settings with the "Audio/MIDI" tab. There are different options given for the driver architecture you're going to use. If you're actually going to perform audio recordings and since you're using a proper audio interface, there's only one sensible option for you here: ASIO. Under the checkbox for ASIO, you will have to pick the ASIO driver you're going to use. You should try the one provided by Lexicon as your top choice. That's pretty much it in this dialog. You could still adjust the buffer sizes according to your sound hardware's specifications and then confirm the dialog by pressing OK.

Now you can start the recording process by pressing the red recording button or hitting "R" on the keyboard. Under step "1", you will have to choose the input. Since your device has multiple inputs, make sure to choose the one that represents the socket you're actually connecting to.

I hope this helps.

NoTurning wrote on 3/16/2009, 8:23 AM

Ralftaro nailed it... that should get you up and running. With the Omega you'll also have to pick the "channel" you record with. That can be done in the actual record window from a drop down menu. You'll NOT be able to record guitar and mic simultaneously to their own tracks in Music Maker - you'll have to record one at a time (or jumble them into a single track).

If you have problems getting Music Maker to work with your Lexicon - download and install the universal ASIO driver from asio4all.com

Justin