Comments

Skysurfer55 wrote on 11/23/2009, 7:24 PM

Msoar,

I just went through this a couple of days ago.  I contacted Magix tech support and they gave me information that allowed me to do what you’re asking.

I will be making some assumptions here.

I’m using Edit Pro 15 Plus.

There two ways to do this. You want a menu for the user to select either movie.

The easiest way is for example: Create two mpg’s (fastest) drag them to the time line and place a chapter marker at the beginning of each of them, then go to the burn option and make sure your in the advance mode to see all options.  Select the chapter’s only option.  On the bottom where you select your DVD menu options select the options that displays two menu options.  You have all kinds of things that you can do here but I will leave that up to you to try.  If you press the burn option this will create a video DVD with two selections.  Now the only draw back is, if you select the first movie it will play then play the second movie, but if you select the second movie when it completes it goes back to the menu.  You can use the menu buttons on any video player you’re using to make the movie go back to the menu.  This also works on DVD players.  Now for option two.

If you want to make a DVD with two menu selections and have movie one go back to the menu after it completes you have to use two time lines (not tracks). Edit Pro 15 Plus has an icon that looks like an old video tape reel right above track one.  This is where it gets a little different.  You drag movie one to the time line.  Then click the movie reel icon and you will get options to either close or get new movie select get new movie and the video you just dragged the time line will disappear and the 1st track will be empty.  Now drag movie two to the empty track one.  If you select the burn option at this point select the movie/chapter menu option make all the changes to the menu names, background pictures etc. select burn to create the DVD.  When you play this DVD you will have the two menu options and when you select the first movie it will play and go back to the menu when it’s finished.  I don’t have the program on this computer so this was from memory.  If you have any problems with this, post more information about the version of Magix your using etc.  Hope this helps.