how do I avoid that my recording automatically cut after 2min1sec

Femmigje wrote on 6/24/2009, 3:39 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to record an old 78 record via connecting wire from record player to laptop, and every time I try this, the recording is automatically stopped after 2 min, 1 sec, following the appearance of a Magix 'advert' to buy updated software.

I've tried various settings such as 'auto cut' and 'play continuously', as well as disabling my internet connection -whatever I try it does not work.....It's driving me nuts!  How can I avoid this?

Thanks for your response!

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 6/25/2009, 7:48 AM
Hi,
That's a bummer! Do you have a full purchased version of the software? What version are you using?
Can you update (NOT UPGRADE) your software online? Perhaps there's a patch or update available, sometimes installing a patch will remove these types of messages as part of the "fix".
Let me know,
Justin
ralftaro wrote on 7/2/2009, 10:18 AM
Hi,

This doesn't appear to be a technical problem but just a matter of the program (download version) not having been successfully activated yet. Thus the message that comes up. Is this really referring to Music Maker or Audio Cleaning Lab? What version of the program do you have? If you purchased the activation before, just check whether you can find the e-mail with the code or get in touch with Magix and ask them to resend the information to you.

I hope this helps.

Elkan wrote on 7/22/2009, 7:19 AM
Could be very simple: make shure your tracks marker is not set for a specific position. If it is, it is like a punch in / punch out recording.