Comments

browj2 wrote on 12/30/2014, 12:22 PM

Hi,

I am a bit confused by "It always goes to the menu screen and nothing to click to pick no menu." When does it go to the menu screen? It should only do this if you want to burn a project.

You say that there is nothing in the menu screen, meaning the Burn menu screen? Do you not see any menu templates? Did you download and install all of the free add-ons under Help, Downloads or something like that? If not, then you are missing all of the program add-ons.

Last changed by browj2 on 12/30/2014, 12:22 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

savage10 wrote on 12/30/2014, 3:24 PM

Hi,

I am a bit confused by "It always goes to the menu screen and nothing to click to pick no menu." When does it go to the menu screen? It should only do this if you want to burn a project.

You say that there is nothing in the menu screen, meaning the Burn menu screen? Do you not see any menu templates? Did you download and install all of the free add-ons under Help, Downloads or something like that? If not, then you are missing all of the program add-ons.

I should have said the Burn tab, it has 3 tabs slideshow then Burn and export. When you go to the burn tab it shows a bunch of menus for the slid show, I dont want a menu but do not see a way to pick none, I tried to click the burn in the same area but it seem to still put a menu at the stard of the slideshow anyway . I think support gave me an email on how to do it without a menu but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks

browj2 wrote on 12/30/2014, 5:01 PM

Hi,

I'm not sure about this but I think that DVD's all require a menu for the player. I haven't yet seen one without some kind of menu. When the DVD loads, it stops on the menu waiting for a button to be pressed to play.

If there is a way to create a DVD without a men, please publish it others may want to know.

Usually the problem is the inverse, with a video file, like avi or wmv, being opened in Windows Media Player and starting right away. People usually want to load the file, like a DVD, and then start when ready.

If you have to use a menu, just select a generic one and remove or modify whatever you want. You only need the 1 main button to get the DVD to play.

Last changed by browj2 on 12/30/2014, 5:01 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

savage10 wrote on 12/30/2014, 7:09 PM

Hi,

When I get done with the photos for the slidshow I want to burn it without any menu so when you put it in the dvd player it just starts playing the photos. But I go to the tab for burn also in that tab it has a bunch of start menus and sub menus you can pick like a movie dvd, it would go to that screen and you could pick to start the show, it also on the same tab a place to click burn but if I click burn it seems to burn it with a defult menu even though I dont tell it to, no place to burn only the photos.

Support got back to me and told me how but I have not tried it yet, here is what they said.

Thank you for your message.

When you are on the menu screen and click the edit button you can see there is check marks for intro video, film menu, chapter menu.
Uncheck these and you will burn a disc with no menus.

--
Thank you for contacting Magix Support.

savage10 wrote on 12/30/2014, 7:13 PM

Hi,

If you have to use a menu, just select a generic one and remove or modify whatever you want. You only need the 1 main button to get the DVD to play.

I got it now so it starts without ant button to play, it just starts playing when i put it in the player, all my other programs that i have done slidshows always gave an option to skip the menu so photostory was differant but got it now using the support guys way.

Thanks

johnebaker wrote on 12/31/2014, 3:52 PM

Hi

@JohnCB

. . . . DVD's all require a menu for the player. . . . .

DVDs and BDs acan be set to play immediately without a menu by unchecking the following options on the Menu edit page

This is from MEP 2015 however IIRC Photostory is similar.

I also remember seeing an option, somewhere in MEP I think, to continuously loop the video however I cannot find it at the moment.

Happy New Year

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/31/2014, 3:55 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

savage10 wrote on 12/31/2014, 4:29 PM

Hi

@JohnCB

. . . . DVD's all require a menu for the player. . . . .

DVDs and BDs acan be set to play immediately without a menu by unchecking the following options on the Menu edit page

This is from MEP 2015 however IIRC Photostory is similar.

I also remember seeing an option, somewhere in MEP I think, to continuously loop the video however I cannot find it at the moment.

Happy New Year

John

I was only using ulead movie factory  5 and 6 also some other Ulead dvd programs, they all do give a place to create DVD without a menu but they do not do blu ray so I got the photostory 2015 and really like it. Also on using clonedvd2 to clone a dvd, any dvd it gices you a option to skip including the menu and also anything else in the dvd you want to skip. It creates it as a dvd with only what you want  as VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS and plays fine in any dvd player starts with the movie or if its a slideshow with that. I'm not sure if they make a clone bluray but I think i'll check.

Thanks for the info but in photostory I don't see anything like you photo for burning options, but I can get it without a menu but I am starting to like menus as I have never used them but might now.

browj2 wrote on 1/1/2015, 11:39 AM

@John EB,

After all the times I've looked at the burn menu and turned off and on chapters and movies, it didn't occur to me to just turn off the file menu. It was obvious and I missed it.

Thanks to both of you.

Have Happy New Year.

ps. It finally started snowing here again.

Last changed by browj2 on 1/1/2015, 11:39 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.