How can I create a split screen?

ScarletKnight wrote on 5/28/2011, 8:52 AM

Hi,

I would like to create a split screen (or picture-in-picture).  I see that the cross fade effect does do that somewhat, but I want both pictures on the screen at the same time - not one fading in and the other fading out.

I can't seem to get this feature to work.

Thanks for your help.  I'm getting very frustrated.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/30/2011, 7:52 AM

What version of PhotoStory do you have?

In version 10 Deluxe I have something called Picture-in-picture collague. In version 9 Deluxe I have something called Picture-in-picture under the Effects tab.

ScarletKnight wrote on 5/30/2011, 8:32 AM

Thanks.  I have version 10 Deluxe.  I see the menu item picture-in-picture collage.  But, can't figure out how to use it.   There doesn't seem to be any instructions for it.

What version of PhotoStory do you have?

In version 10 Deluxe I have something called Picture-in-picture collague. In version 9 Deluxe I have something called Picture-in-picture under the Effects tab.

john-auvil wrote on 5/30/2011, 9:46 AM

If you click on one of the collage, it gives you a demo of what it will do in the preview monitor.

If you select one you like, you can then add it by dragging and dropping into the arrangement between the backdrop or first photo and the overlay or second photo. If this collage has more than one overlay, it will pick the next photo or photos in sequence.

ScarletKnight wrote on 5/31/2011, 7:25 AM

John-auvil,

Thanks again.  I found the problem.  I had the downloaded  version 10 of Photostory.  The collage templates are not provided with the initial download.

So, I had to go into their web site and download them separately.  I wasn't seeing the templates that you were talking about.  Now, I have them - and it's easy to use.

- Sam

If you click on one of the collage, it gives you a demo of what it will do in the preview monitor.

If you select one you like, you can then add it by dragging and dropping into the arrangement between the backdrop or first photo and the overlay or second photo. If this collage has more than one overlay, it will pick the next photo or photos in sequence.