How can i burn my movie in a cd format *.dat

kenkeiji wrote on 1/27/2009, 3:11 AM
After i finished editing my movie (consisting of pictures and clips with mp3), i export it to avi file. then I burn the avi in nero to output a cd format. It was succesfull but the quality of the was so low. is there a way magix can burn it directly to cd format so that quality is not sacrificed. I can do this well in dvd format.

Comments

XXMerosticXX wrote on 1/27/2009, 3:34 AM
Maybe I am mistaken....but I don't think that "*.dat" is actually a pretty normal DVD format....it's the short version of "*.data" and describes - well, datafiles.

But of course there is a way to receive better quality.

Why do you export an *.avi file to burn it with nero? Depending on your settings (for sound and video), the *.avi-file will loose quality....with or without burning it afterwards. You might check the export settings or try another format.

BUT:
You want to burn a CD? No problem with that, you can do this with Movie Edit Pro. After clicking on "burn disc" you can choose the format. Just pick "VCD" or "SVCD" here. I'll add screens to my answer within the next minutes....just need to start my Movie Edit Pro (although it is called "Video deluxe" in germany ;)...)