Hmmm... I cant see anything...

eeyore wrote on 4/9/2009, 9:41 AM
I have recently got the Rescue my Videotapes software but I don't know where each of the wires goes into my video player. I can hear my video othrough the computer but I can't see it. I have attached the coloured wires (red white and yellow) but the third, circular one odesn't fit anywhere. Can anyone tell me where it goes,

Thanks

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 4/14/2009, 3:44 AM
Hi,

Sounds like you might have hooked up everything OK. You can ignore the additional connector. That's just an alternative way of connecting the video signal (S-Video). You have already connected the video signal via the Composite (yellow) RCA connector. So, that's fine. Make sure you ticked the checkbox for video preview in the analog recording window.

It would be interesting to know whether you can manage to actually get a recording when pressing the record button, despite not seeing anything in the preview window of the analog recording dialog. One other thing you could try: Go into the program settings ("P" key), switch to the "Display" tab and experiment with the different video modes for the analog recording dialog. Possibly, this is just a display problem. Not every graphics hardware works well with all display modes offered by the program. If everything else fails, I'd recommend contacting Magix tech support.

cheers