Help With Movie Editing, What I`m I doing Wrong!

combat wrote on 10/6/2009, 12:09 PM
I am trying to edit my movie so I can put it on to DVD and I would like it in wide screen format,

Below is what I have been doing:

Put the movie in the bar added music etc etc, I chose 16:9 ratio but when I burned it to DVD it come out really small....? Can anyone tell me if I have to fill the whole screen with the movie once I`ve selected 16:9 ratio...? Or if what I am doing is completely wrong can anyone tell me how I can make my movie wide screen as most televisions are now wide screen.

Thank`s in advanced, 
Jamie  

Comments

Clevo wrote on 10/6/2009, 4:32 PM
You don't mention what your original movie file format is...

If you could type/copy your video properties here we can have a look at what you are working with.

If you are starting with 4:3 video it's difficult to convert the standard to 16:9 and fill the whole screen with a picture using a consumer level editor. It's possible with some cropping but you lose the top and botton.

If you don;t want to lose any of your picture then the best outcome will be a 4:3 within a 16:9 frame...you 'll have black bars on the sides but also involves another level of rendering which we should avoid as much as possible to maintain quality.

combat wrote on 10/6/2009, 5:22 PM
I am not sure how to find the information that you have asked for, But I have put below all the information that I could find, Hope this is what you wanted...!

Object Size:
704 x 576 pixels

Poistion:
Left = 0 Top = 0

Segment:
Left = 0 Top = 0 Width = 704 Height = 576 pixels
Original Size = 704 x 576

Movie Settings:
Current Settings:
704 x 576 (16:9)