Help me find my free Photostory 15 downloads. I spent $49.99 on the upgrade, and I downloaded the free stuff from the Help menu. Where do I find them now?

mnibarger wrote on 11/5/2014, 12:34 PM

Okay, now that I've downloaded the free stuff that comes with Photostory 15, where do I find these things?  I expected them to appear right within my Photostory menu, but they're not.  I'm looking, in particular, for the additional movie templates that I downloaded.  Thanks

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/8/2014, 12:22 AM

Hi,

Go back to the Free download screen and take a look at what you installed:

Individual menu templates, Design elements, Menu templates, Movie templates, Slideshow maker styles, PIP, Soundtrack Maker Styles, Title effects, Transition effects, etc.

These are spread out within PhotoStory and show up in the corresponding locations. Example, before downloading, when you went to the titles tab, you probably had little or nothing under the various subjects. Now you do.

In the Media tab, you probably had little or nothing under MAGIX Media, now you do.

Same with the Transitions and Effects tabs. Same when you go to Burn. You now have content there that you did not have before downloading everything.

Music is under 2 locations, both under the top menu Edit, Wizards: Slideshow Maker and Soundtrack Maker.

If you want to use the music without using these wizards (as I do), go through the files at:

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe\Slideshow music (in your case under 2015)

C:\ProgramData\MAGIX\PhotoStory on DVD 2013 Deluxe\Soundtrack Maker Styles (in your case under 2015)

The slideshow music are complete songs. The Soundtrack Maker Styles are soundpools that can be used individually to create a song or a short piece of a song. If you used Music Maker, you would understand better how to use these. When I want a short piece of music, I grab a couple of the loops, drag them onto separate tracks, one per instrument and extend them out to the length that I want. Some of them are in different keys but usually they are progressions. Play them by dragging them onto the timeline to find out.

Last changed by browj2 on 11/8/2014, 12:22 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos