Comments

SP. wrote on 9/26/2020, 7:36 AM

If you downloaded and backed up everything from the content catalog there is no point to renew the subscription until a new update arrives.

I suspect that the next patch could be released in November or December, maybe even in October. In the past there were often three patch releases per year. In the last year there were only two. This doesn't really makes sense for a 365 subscription version. That is not much different than buying a new version every year that gets one or two maintenence patches like it was the past before the 365 version. In my opinion there should be at least 5 or 6 feature updates/bug fixes per year to call it a 365 version.

browj2 wrote on 9/26/2020, 10:30 AM

@Brian-Wilson

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no 365 Subscription Service for Xara Designer Pro X; a subscription service means that the program no longer works if you don't pay. Unless you have something that I don't know about, it's an Update Service for a one year period. You get updates and upgrades and access to the on-line catalogue during the one year period. After that, if you don't renew, no updates/upgrades or access to the on-line catalogue, but the program keeps working. You should download everything from the on-line catalogue before expiry if you don't plan to renew. The content will be available under Local Designs Gallery and you should track down where the files are and make a backup if you don't have automatic drive backups.

Also, if you don't renew but have to reinstall, you fall back to the version that was available when you last paid. Read the details in the link above.

I am on version 16.2.0...., have not paid for two years and everything still works.

I don't understand what you mean by "...support does not work on windows10 when clicking on FAQ." Where is this?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

Brian-Wilson wrote on 9/26/2020, 5:01 PM

Hi

many thanks,I meant update service, sorry, I am on Designer Pro 17 and renew every year however I thought it was about time that I received an update because keep getting notifications to renew my service to receive the latest one, but when I check on the magix site it is the same version!

The error message occurs when I tried to use the FAQ’s to ask the same question, but a message appeared advising the FAQ’s does not work on Windows10!
I have used Xara programs ever since using my Acorn Archimedes machine,then Riscos 7 but windows came along with a much improved OS and I defected!
I am relieved to read that there will definitely be an update shortly, thanks very much to all of you for your prompt replies.

keep safe

Kind regards

Brian

Brian-Wilson wrote on 9/26/2020, 5:07 PM

Hi

I actually upgraded to the 365 service a few years ago and extended my service until 2021

Former user wrote on 10/16/2020, 1:25 AM

There has not been an update for Xara Designer Pro X since March 2020. I am expecting there to be one around November this year. It appears that the development are devoting more time to Xara Designer Pro+