Good video but no audio

wiseman4 wrote on 5/30/2009, 3:18 PM
I am using Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus on a Windows XP system.  I used a "Dazzle" so that I could use the RCA jacks to import a dvd clip directly from my dvd player.  Video imported just fine but no audio.  Is there a setting I am missing or is there a compatibility issue with the "Dazzle" which is a Pinnacle product?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/4/2009, 7:24 AM
Hi there,

Make sure in the analog recording dialog of Movie Edit Pro to select the correct sound driver for your Dazzle. It might be set to a different audio driver that is not receiving a signal. If it really seems to be a compatibility problem with the audio driver of the device, you could also feed the audio component into your regular sound hardware (i.e. line in socket on your sound card). Naturally, in this case you also need to make sure to pick the sound driver you're actually feeding the signal into and check the Windows/sound card recording mixer to record from the correct socket.

(Keep in mind that you will probably need a different audio cable for this connection. Instead of one with two RCA plugs on both ends, you will need one with the RCA plugs on one end and a 3.5mm stereo jack on the other end, to fit into the sound card.)

I hope this helps.

P.S.: If the DVD isn't copy-protected, you should import the VOB files on it directly into the program instead of going via analog recording. Much less hassle and quality loss...