Ghost picture doesn't show on timeline and can't get rid of it

Re-Ke wrote on 9/26/2019, 1:23 PM

Hello - I have Photostory Deluxe and I have a ghost image that I can't get rid of.  There is one picture that shows up for about 5 seconds but is not shown in the timeline and I've looked at all layers of the timeline.  I can see it when I move the cursor over that particular period of time and it shows on top of whatever picture I do try to put in that 5 second time slot.   Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated - this is driving me mad!!! 😵Thank you!  

Comments

Re-Ke wrote on 10/1/2019, 10:00 PM

Just a followup for anyone having this problem...I wrote to Magix technical support and received this reply:

With ghost objects the following generally helps: 

Switch to timeline mode and reduce the view of the film so strongly with the plus and minus symbol that you can mark the complete film and all tracks with the mouse by drawing a rectangle.

Select all objects visible in the arranger by holding down the left mouse button and dragging a kind of lasmask over all objects, starting in the empty area next to the objects top right to bottom left into the corner. Select the complete slideshow with the mouse and copy it via "Edit > Copy Objects" (or via the shortcut "Ctrl" + "C").

It would come as no surprise if this process would take a long time, as large amounts of data are copied to the clipboard, depending on the film.

Now open a new slideshow by clicking on the small "+" icon next to the slideshow tab above the timeline without closing the existing movie (by clicking on the "Do not close" button that appears).

Make sure that the new slideshow also contains the number of tracks from the old movie.

To insert elements from the clipboard, select the "Edit > Insert Objects" tab (or the shortcut "Ctrl" + "V").

Here it can come again to a longer loading time, if larger data sets are inserted.

At the end only the "old" film has to be closed. Select this slideshow using the tabs above the timeline and remove it from your project using the small "X" icon on the tab.