Getting started

Norman-Peterson wrote on 10/15/2019, 2:51 PM

Bought Photostory Deluxe yesterday, what a mistake. In 7 hours have not been able to even get a title on the first page. Have tried four other programs, which had a free trial with no problems. Bought this one, no trial that I could see, but had good propaganda.The video's for training are a joke.The manual tells you how to set something up but the final line on how to place it in the project is missing. I am using this as a class project for new users, but you are on the bottom of the list. Will write off the money to a bad investment.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/15/2019, 10:56 PM

Seriously? PhotoStory is about the simplest video editor that there is.

"In 7 hours have not been able to even get a title on the first page." There are no "pages."

Screen shots below with 1 video clip on the timeline, 1 title - 30 seconds from starting the program. Did you not notice the big T for titles in the toolbar above the timeline?

Use timeline mode. From the media pool, navigate to your video clips or photos. Select one, click on the down arrow to put it on the timeline - by default, track 1 at the end of anything else, or drag and drop. On the timeline, select the video or photo object, click on the T button which makes a box on the screen and opens the dialogue interface shown below. Change the text in the preview monitor or in the dialogue box. Drag the text box in the preview monitor if you want to move it. Resize, change font, change colour, etc. The title will be below the video/photo clip that you selected. You can drag it along the timeline if you want it somewhere else.

PhotoStory, like Movie Edit Pro, but unlike most other video programs, has the background on the lower numbered tracks, overlays on higher numbered tracks. So, the video goes on track 1, the title on track 3 or 4.

Read the Quick Start chapter in the pdf manual. Look at all of the top menu items, buttons above the Timeline, and the tab pages in the Media Pool. Look at what they do. You will need to understand how to edit

Watch my tutorials on Getting Started in Movie Edit Pro 2015 (MEP)

including Basic Editing Parts 1 and 2.

They are a bit old but about the same as PhotoStory except that PhotoStory has a different look (colour scheme) and the tabs in the Media Pool have different icons that do the same thing.

Update to the latest version under Help, Update online, if you did not already do it. Also under Help, Free Download to get the rest of the program content. Yours may be different from mine (2019 Premium VR) depending on which version you purchased.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 10/15/2019, 10:58 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos