FX keep dropping out

Mella wrote on 3/30/2023, 12:46 AM

I will be working on a project and have all my FX in place, but then randomly they switch off and I can't access them. If I close the program and re-open it, all my FX settings are non-existent. I like the program, but this is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to fix this? I even upgraded to Premium, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/30/2023, 8:06 AM

@Mella Can you reproduce this problem? Which effects disappear? The internal effects, which came with Music Maker, or VST effects you added later?

Mella wrote on 3/30/2023, 11:55 PM

Both. Even Basic Audio Effects, i.e Compression and Parametric EQ.

SP. wrote on 3/31/2023, 4:27 AM

@Mella Which audio driver is selected in the Music Maker program settings under the Audio/MIDI tab? The standard driver is the Music Maker ASIO driver. Do you use it?

marcos-dinsdale wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:04 AM

I will be working on a project and have all my FX in place, but then randomly they switch off and I can't access them. If I close the program and re-open it, all my FX settings are non-existent. I like the program, but this is driving me crazy. Anyone know how to fix this? I even upgraded to Premium, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Did you find a fix for this problem ?. I'm having the same problem - FX added to a track constantly randomly disappearing for no reason. I have also if I ever use CTRL + Z to undo anything will also remove fx every time. Very frustrating to continually keep losing hours of work.

SP. wrote on 9/7/2023, 7:49 AM

@marcos-dinsdale I have the same question for you: what are your audio driver settings?

marcos-dinsdale wrote on 9/7/2023, 8:39 AM

@marcos-dinsdale I have the same question for you: what are your audio driver settings?

SP. wrote on 9/7/2023, 9:00 AM

@marcos-dinsdale What is the buffer size in the ASIO driver settings you can open by clicking on the Advanced button? Does it help if you increase them? The more FX you add, the more taxing it will get on the processor. So it might help to increase the buffer size to 1024 or 2048 samples.

marcos-dinsdale wrote on 9/7/2023, 10:19 AM

@marcos-dinsdale What is the buffer size in the ASIO driver settings you can open by clicking on the Advanced button? Does it help if you increase them? The more FX you add, the more taxing it will get on the processor. So it might help to increase the buffer size to 1024 or 2048 samples.

I had them set higher than that, I've put it down to 2048. Pressing CTRL + Z still loses any fx from the track.

SP. wrote on 9/7/2023, 1:01 PM

@marcos-dinsdale You can't set the buffer size in the Music Maker ASIO driver higher than 2048 samples. You probably looked at the wrong setting?

Mella wrote on 7/18/2024, 3:04 AM

This problem drives me insane! I tried all the suggestions, it still happens. Maybe I am asking too much of this software.