Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/8/2018, 6:59 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

I've never used any of the Steam versions of any software but I have been struck by how many users seem to experience various problems (unable to update, cannot access additional downloads, etc.,) over the years.

For Magix software purchased direct or from various shops, the normal route is to purchase the software, which then creates a serial number which allows the user to register it, after which the downloading of all additional content can be undertaken. How does this compare with purchasing the software through Steam?

I think the essential feature which is needed to unlock the additional content download is that serial number; without it, and its attendant registration, I don't think the Magix server will "recognise" the software as legitimate.

Or, is that additional content actually supplied directly by Steam?

Perhaps others who have bought Magix products via Steam will be able to advise you.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam