focus issues

bigshotzz wrote on 4/13/2011, 12:35 PM

I'm so disappointed in the dvd creator 9 i purchased! the shows I create look very sharp and in focus when I drag them in and they are high res images (8to9megs ea) but after I burn the show They look very out of focus. I went into the sharpness feature and tried that and again no help. Any ideas on what to do to make these images look good???

OH YEAH, I have called and tried to ask this question directly to magix! REALLY??? YOU NEED TO BUY CREDITS TO GET A PROBLEM SOLVED WITH SOFTWARE THAT THEY SELL??? You know thats really bad customer service! And I was going to purchase other things they offer as well but........ we will see now...

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 4/13/2011, 4:18 PM

bigshotzz,

Sorry I don't have PhotoStory but quality of output can be an issue most any video production program, but an issue that is under the users' control.

More than likely the area you should be checking is export/burning. The standard for DVD's is mpeg file format but there is a broad range of settings from very highly compressed small file sizes to minimum compression but huge files. In most Magix programs you should find an 'Advanced' settings option where you can set a 'Video encoder quality' slider between 1 and 15 -- the default is usually 10 but you should always use 15. The other main setting to check is 'Video bitrate' -- the higher the better. The practical limit is that if the rate is too high the output files will be too big and your project won't fit on a DVD.

I suspect the sharpness feature you tried is only the sort of image improvement common to most photo editors and nothing to due with DVD burning.

Hope this helps,

Carl

Man o' Lakes wrote on 4/14/2011, 4:47 AM

Hi bigshotzz. Perhaps your photos are a much higher resolution than standard DVD, which means that the moment you burn, you significantly reduce resolution down to DVD level.  8-9 MB is really big, DVD Pal reduces this to 720 x 576.  Unless you wish to zoom in on an area, these sizes are delusional and unnecessary, as you can't display it.

From what I can gather you've got 56 days after registration to get free email support. You gotta login with your registration details and then you won't be charged. After that you have to pay.  Whilst it won't affect sharpness, make sure you get that program uptodate as it did get patched.   Hope that helps you out a little bit. Cheers, M o' L.