Finally, ACID Pro 8 is here!

Comments

Nick_Hope wrote on 4/30/2018, 6:29 AM

@MAGIX_Redaktion Where is the correct place to submit a support request for Acid Pro 8 or Sound Forge Pro 12? They don't appear in the list at https://support2.magix.com/customer/en/request

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/2/2018, 4:25 AM

Thanks @Nick_Hope, we added the correct support request for the mentioned products.

david-taylor wrote on 5/2/2018, 9:09 PM

Having problems pulling in Kontakt 5 and Drumcore 4. 7 pulled K5 in no problem and I waitied for VST3 on 8. Have checked all vst paths and plugin manager scan shows Yes but I'm unable to select it opn a midi track.

backbeat69 wrote on 5/3/2018, 5:09 AM

Same hear as I said before. No VST's able to show up except Magix ones there seems to be a problem, we shall wait and see.No Additive Drums or Additive Keys.Sound Forge as editor in preferences will not show up either.I told them about that already

david-taylor wrote on 5/3/2018, 11:23 AM

Ok thanks for the feedback, will wait for updates

artwylie wrote on 10/10/2018, 5:47 PM

I am having trouble with AP 8 365

in wIN 10. It says media manager is enabled but i get "media manager is not installed".also I cannot put grooves or loops in the timeline. I see others have the same problem. Anyone found a solution yet?

Moog_Skywalker_1976 wrote on 10/29/2018, 3:36 PM

I never used Acid and just purchased Acid Pro 8 recently (1 Month ago).I must say i am pretty pleased with it. No major crashes so far and very stable. I am running on a 2012 Desktop PC with i7-2600 and 12 Gig of RAM and Win 7.

I was heavily using FL-Studio over the past years and Cakewalk Sonar before, but i must say i really dig the easy workflow of Acid Pro 8 ! Surely it is not a super heavyweight DAW like many others, but if it comes to quickly record and bounce some VSTs or external Midi Gear it has become my new favourite.

Especially working with Audio Material Acid Pro 8 is King - I have worked with nearly every DAW out there, and i never found any of them doing so well with realtime Audio Stretching/Cutting/Modifying than Acid.

I found the look and feel somehow cool - It is really "reduce to the max". No unnecessary rendered graphic buttons and "blingbling" and it looks very lightweight.

Besides Acid Pro 8 and FL-Studio i am also using Samplitude X3 - Now even that Samplitude X3 has some stunning features, i found that Acid Pro 8 seems to be more stable in some aspects. For instance, Acid Pro 8 has never let me down when using Softubes Modular, but in Samplitude X3 it crashes a lot. A guy ported VCV Rack into a VST Version called "veeseevstrack" and it opens in Acid Pro 8 without problems but in Samplitude X3 i can't get it working at all. It appears there is a difference in the Audio engines "under the hood" ?

Anyhow, i like both products a lot, and after reading the manuals (... yes i really do !),i use Acid Pro 8 for "this" and Samplitude X3 for "that". Unfortunatley i havent figured out on how to use Acid Pro 8 as Rewire Client in Samplitude X3 - Maybe it doesn't work yet, or i am doing something wrong ?

There is actually only some stuff that might need some improvements (IMHO) :

1.) The Midi Clip Properties Editor does not show a synchronized vertical "time" bar when the Sequence i am looking at is played back in the Main Sequencer Window.

2.) When playing back a Sequence in the Midi Clip Editor while not running the main sequencer, the played notes are more quiet compared than playing the Sequence in the main sequencer.

3.) The Midi Quantisation parameters should appear in the Track Headers and not to be hidden in sub-menus.

4.) A simple integrated Audio Editor would be great - Just to cut the start and end of a sample.

5.) Drag&Drop of Samples directly from the internal File Browser into Plugins such as Battery 4 (Sample Slots).

6.) Absolutely perfect would be to drag&drop a audio clip from the sequencer into Independence Pro or any other Sampler plugin without having to bounce it first.

7.) Support of Rewire in combination with Samplitude X3

Again, i really like it, and for the price paid i got much more than i expected.

What shall i say : I AM ON ACID ! ( + Wearing my oldschool smiley shirt while tweaking my TT-303...)

P.S.

Two thumbs up for the guy who wrote the manuals - It is really written well, and with the search functions i always find the topics i am looking for. Well done !

Frank_Fader wrote on 11/15/2018, 10:12 AM

Good points Moog Skywalker!