file could not be opend

billy336 wrote on 4/30/2009, 3:58 AM
i was working on a track yesterday when it says me today, whenever i liked to open my file it could not be opend. its a *mmm file. no problem with any other mmm files to open in magixMusicMaker.
btw im using mmm15 premium. what could be the problem?

yeah, there was a crash but i cant remember the crash message. could that have damaged my file? there is no bak file avaible its just the *mmm file. is there any way to save or restore it somehow? or could i send it to someone if anyone can open it and save it?

Comments

XXMerosticXX wrote on 4/30/2009, 4:23 AM
Did anything happen when you saved the file? You maybe shut down the computer before it was finished....or there was an error?

How about the *.BAK-file?
XXMerosticXX wrote on 4/30/2009, 8:28 AM
Well....because it happened only with one song and everything else works I guess that the crash maybe messed up your *.mmm file. But there has to be a backup file.

What exactly happens when you start your Music Maker and load it after Music Maker has started?
NoTurning wrote on 4/30/2009, 8:38 AM

MrL is right... there will be a back-up file. You'll have to browse to the directory and locate it first. You'll never be able to find it using Music Maker.

Justin

XXMerosticXX wrote on 4/30/2009, 11:00 AM
Hang on....it is NOT a "bak.mmm" file. It is a "bak" file!

Let's say your song was named "Nameofmysong.mmm".
So the BAK-Data is "Nameofmysong.BAK" . No "mmm" in th name.

And this BAK should be somewhere....as far as I know you can adjust where to save them...