[Feedback] How do you like version 8.0.8.29 ?

Comments

Djronrella wrote on 4/8/2019, 4:49 PM

I see update program online under the Acid home page!? No?

passionfly1 wrote on 4/9/2019, 2:28 PM

@passionfly1

It is a translation error - Programm is the German spelling of the word for Program.

John EB

Forum Moderator

Even when spoken in German, you don't say it any different with two "M's" then one "M" do you?
Whoever invents new words does a bad job at it, lol
It seems very silly.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 4/10/2019, 2:54 PM

New build is working very well. Thanks!

The white background solves an important usability issue for me: I can now see the loop notches clearly.

I am still hoping to see media manager (or some alternative) for searching loops as my library tops 40,000. However, I did discover (thanks to Derek / Dr.Zen ) that the 32 bit version of ACID still works with media manager so for now that's a good workaround.

Is there some kind of "roadmap" or other indication of where ACID development is going? Would be good to have that discussion.

Again, THANKS for the hard work!

At last a new update that runs stress free. So far.

Just to let you know Acid 9 is out in May 2019 ,so no more updates for us acid 8 user's..Gutted ?Yes i am

I have just signed up for Acid pro 365 for the sum of £1 for the next 3 month which means will get cpl months of Acid 9 to see what the new version has to offer......

The white background solves an important usability issue for me: I can now see the loop notches clearly.

I am still hoping to see media manager (or some alternative) for searching loops as my library tops 40,000. However, I did discover (thanks to Derek / Dr.Zen ) that the 32 bit version of ACID still works with media manager so for now that's a good workaround.

Is there some kind of "roadmap" or other indication of where ACID development is going? Would be good to have that discussion.

Again, THANKS for the hard work!

marco-l wrote on 4/12/2019, 6:56 AM

I'm finding it interesting that some folks don't seem to have the update program online option. Possibly a bug? Here's what mine looks like.

Man, with all this work updating, I really wish they'd finally fix that spelling mistake!

Hey Todd Tolls,

sorry for these mistakes. The development team will change it. Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Marco

EnochtheRad wrote on 4/13/2019, 2:36 AM

I'm using the AcidPro subscription service, I was under the assumption that this meant I would be bug-free.

I cant find "plugincache" anywhere on my computer to make the recommended file deletions. Has this already been done for me?

raxel wrote on 4/23/2019, 7:05 AM

i cant login acid pro 7

roland14 wrote on 5/6/2019, 10:21 AM

It looks like they are not going to fix pro 8, they gonna make one buy pro 9 :)

james-h wrote on 5/7/2019, 8:01 AM

can someone please upload some images of the new brighter interface?

Thanks, 🙂

Former user wrote on 5/17/2019, 3:11 PM

I'm pretty sure I have SF and Acid scanning the same folders and my 32bit plugins have been added. What's odd to me is that SF shows all my VST3 plugins as being 64bit but in Acid as you have shown they're labeled VST3 "32bit".

I'm really confused, so if there's no label next to the plugin name, and I'm using the 64bit version of Acid, then I should assume that it is a VST2 64bit plugin or a VST3 64bit plugin? It seems to be the latest Acid update is "VST2" according to what I'm seeing with my plugin names, yet they added VST3 support in the latest update.

If you could help me out here, because I'm really struggling to understand the methodology in Acid and it's definitely much clearer in SF.

These are my iZotope plugins. Starting from the top.

"Neutron 2"= ???/???

"Neutron 2 (VST3)"= VST3/64bit??

"Neutron 2 (VST3) (32 Bit)"= VST3/32bit

Now I go to my Waves folder

"Abbey Road Plates Mono"= ???/???

"Abbey Road Plates Mono (32bit)"= ???/32bit

What a mess to try and figure out.

Neutron 2 is VST2 64-Bit. It only tells you the Bitness of a plug-in if it doesn't match the platform you're running on. This is plainly obvious if you... look at the screen.

It's VST2, because it only tells you what version the plug-in is, if it's VST3. Abbey Roads Plates Mono are both VST2. First is 64-Bit (see above).

VST2 64-Bit is basically the baseline for an x64 System. Anything that deviates from that baseline will have the deviation listed with the plugin. So if it's 64-Bit VST3, it will say [only] "(VST3)". If it's 32-Bit VST2, then it will say [only] "(32-bit)." If it's 32-Bit VST3, then it will say "(VST3) (32-Bit)."

The answers to your questions are PLAINLY obvious if you'd just look at your screen and see the obvious pattern at play.

This is why nothing says 64-Bit.

Generally, you want to choose the plug-in that says [only] "VST3" whenever possible, on your system, as that means it's a 64-Bit VST3 Plugin.

This is actually pretty simple to figure out. Simple matter of deduction and pattern recognition, which most musically inclined people are pretty good at, actually.

anthony-james wrote on 5/19/2019, 3:53 AM

So far so good... Working fine with all of my vst effects and instruments. Thanks.

lt20018 wrote on 6/5/2019, 4:08 PM

@sheppo any possible way i can get assistance with 8? i know 9 is out, but since out last conversation. I uninstalled, reinstalled. the new version downloaded but got stuck on the VST during loading process. Had to go back to older version. Still crashing. Any help?

obieephyhm wrote on 6/5/2019, 5:59 PM

Okay, I don't know why I don't get notifications of updates to products I SPENT MONEY ON . . . but can someone tell me where these patches are? I've several versions behind. I find it ridiculous that I don't get an email notification nor that there is an obvious place to go where I can get a download that is properly identified by version number.

Matt-Francis wrote on 6/6/2019, 7:30 AM

Okay, I don't know why I don't get notifications of updates to products I SPENT MONEY ON . . . but can someone tell me where these patches are? I've several versions behind. I find it ridiculous that I don't get an email notification nor that there is an obvious place to go where I can get a download that is properly identified by version number.

Open Acid. Go to Help>Update programm online... (they still haven't fixed the spelling mistake, lol).

sheppo wrote on 6/7/2019, 5:10 AM

@obieephyhm based on community feedback better updating, and update checking was added in to an update after the intial release of 8, so that might be why you're not seeing it. This link from the FAQ details how to update.

Matt-Francis wrote on 6/9/2019, 9:01 AM

It has now started freezing up when I stop a track and gives a message Not Responding with the spinning blue circle of death. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still same issue. The problems with this software just seem never-ending.

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/10/2019, 10:37 AM

WOW so many problems with AP9 I'll stick to AP8 until you get it figured out. I'm so frustrated as it is because I can't upgrade out of ver. 8.0.5. There is no option for it in the HELP menu. Yes I Run AP8 as an Administrator and YES I have checked in my preferences "Use newsfeed option.........." All that gets me is a pop up window to ugrade to AP9. All I want is the last revision of AP8. C'mon guys !! BTW I have tried the Jbridge , what a nightmare that is also, I ain't seamless,and is buggy af. So that said, I don't want to plunkerdown for AP9 if the bridge doesnt work seamlessly ! Help us out here

steven-cluthe wrote on 6/10/2019, 9:43 PM

why cant i get version 8.0.8.29 ?

obieephyhm wrote on 6/11/2019, 11:30 AM

Open Acid. Go to Help>Update programm online... (they still haven't fixed the spelling mistake, lol).

Thanks for the effort but my version does NOT have the option to do an online-update via the Help drop-down. Next contestant, please . . .

Equalizer wrote on 7/6/2019, 1:43 AM

Hello, I only happened across this update for Pro 8 and this thread BY CHANCE. (Why are there no e-mail update alerts?) Anyway, this is my real question - I was pretty pissed that I just bought Acid Pro 8 earlier this year, and now 9 is out! Customer Service refuses to honor the support update plan that is supposed to be active for a year on all purchases, stating it is only for one of their video products. No way I am upgrading for $99, same price as a new license almost.

But, now, I see this thread - so the last update to Pro 8 ALSO supported VST3? That was the main difference to me! The only other things version 9 adds, more built in instruments, I don't care about. So I guess I didn't miss out on much? Makes me feel better!

Matt-Francis wrote on 7/7/2019, 7:57 AM

When is the next update? VST presets are still not working. I have given up on some VSTs ever working but it is a pain not being to access presets I have loaded on older projects.

Equalizer wrote on 7/7/2019, 8:27 PM

When is the next update? VST presets are still not working. I have given up on some VSTs ever working but it is a pain not being to access presets I have loaded on older projects.

Ouch - well now I don't feel so good! Seriously Magix, why don't you just charge an annual support plan instead of this phony and outdated "new version every year" when the new version doesn't even correlate to new features that are actually tested? I've read too about Sound Forge users waiting for bugs from two or three versions behind to be addressed.

Now I am sure the reason you charge so much for updates across the board is that, naturally, most people skip one or more versions between upgrades. (as I am doing myself with Vegas) Why not just offer a more realistic upgrade plan instead, like 10-15% of the cost of a new license per year for updates? Like what Waves does with WUP. Or if you really just want subscriptions, admit to it, and at least offer an Adobe setup where we wouldn't have to subscribe to each product individually, but could get packs or an all-access pass. Now THAT would be much better tasting medicine for everyone!

jocker-boy wrote on 7/10/2019, 3:09 PM

AP 8 works for me in a stable way, there are small problems but not as troublesome as in AP9. Today when loading the program at the banner display point with the purchase of a newer version, something like this appeared:

Equalizer wrote on 7/10/2019, 5:21 PM

That one is probably just an issue with their CMS web app (content management system), not an issue with the software itself.

Anyway I guess I will wait for AP 10 or 11 before "upgrading".