[Feedback] How do you like version 8.0.8.29 ?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 3/4/2019, 8:17 AM

Dear Community,

Good news for everybody who wanted to have an ACID Pro 7 like skin as an alternative: It is here!

Last week we released a new patch for ACID Pro 8. Here you can find the patch notes.

Let the feedback round begin and tell us what you think! As always, be friendly and constructive in your criticism.

Best regards,
Mathias

Comments

CidBil wrote on 3/4/2019, 8:44 AM

I'm loving the lighter background, at 72 years old, my eyes couldn't handle the dark one. 32bit VST support is great also. I'm actually pretty fortunate it seems, as I've had very few issues (certainly not as many as others seem to have), and everything is working fine. I would like to see MP4 supported, but I can live without it for now. I did have one issue (very distorted sound), but upon investigation, realized my M-Audio M-track interface drivers were causing it. Once I changed drivers no issues at all since. So I'm quite pleased with the new update. Time to make music....:)

kinvermark wrote on 3/4/2019, 1:14 PM

New build is working very well. Thanks!

The white background solves an important usability issue for me: I can now see the loop notches clearly.

I am still hoping to see media manager (or some alternative) for searching loops as my library tops 40,000. However, I did discover (thanks to Derek / Dr.Zen ) that the 32 bit version of ACID still works with media manager so for now that's a good workaround.

Is there some kind of "roadmap" or other indication of where ACID development is going? Would be good to have that discussion.

Again, THANKS for the hard work!

roland14 wrote on 3/4/2019, 2:10 PM

When I open old project none of instrument vst work("The Soft Synth plug-in "(all vsts)" was not found or did not load properly."), I tryed force rebuilding vst folder, also ereasing some magix files like the magix support sugested and still no vsts in old projects? waiting for more responces from magix support, if anyone else has the same problem, will update if I get the fix from Support, or maybe someone with same problem has a solution, let me know.

Cheers

jon-l wrote on 3/4/2019, 2:38 PM

I can't get that far. New version freezing on start up while scanning for vst. I emptied vst folders to see if I could get started but no joy. Help !

Animal-Nation wrote on 3/4/2019, 5:21 PM

The latest version seems a lot less stable than previous releases. It could have something to do with the 32bit VST bridge, but I'm back to saving my project every single move I make for fear of random crashing.
After Acid crashes I have to restart my machine as there are several "32 bit VST bridge" processes still running that use up a lot of processing power.
I love that there is a 32bit bridge, but I'm hoping the next release brings back the stability I loved in Acid 8.07

Keep up the good work! You're all amazing :) <3

ACID-Support wrote on 3/5/2019, 6:02 AM

I can't get that far. New version freezing on start up while scanning for vst. I emptied vst folders to see if I could get started but no joy. Help !

@jon-l

I'm really sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the latest patch release. It had a massive rebuild of the complete plug-in scanning system, so even after much, much testing, some problems we couldn't predict. If you are having trouble getting ACID to open because of the VST scanning, the following might help:

With ACID not running, 
locate the following directory on your machine:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0

Locate these files: 
acidpro.plugincache_x32.xml
acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
​acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

and delete them. If you open the program again, ACID should reset its search directory for plugins. It will be necessary to add and scan again any additional VST folders.

If you are able to open ACID, a force rescan on the VST configuration tab should do the trick and show all the available plugins.

@Animal-Nation I would recommend you start the application as administrator, this helped another user!

Cheers!

Bea

hoodooslimm wrote on 3/5/2019, 3:31 PM

I'm thankful for the new light background. One problem I have come across is that I cannot access any of the presets of the stock plugins. This is happening on two machines, a desktop running Windows 7 and my laptop running Windows 10.

jon-l wrote on 3/5/2019, 4:16 PM

Thanks bkeller. I've done all that. Done clean windows boot. Reinstalled upgrade. Still either freezes on vst scan or message "scan server stopped working". Sometimes black dialogue box with " plug in scan is taking too long". Whether skip or continue, freezes anyway. Anyone got any final thoughts before I revert to previous version?

evan-mitchell wrote on 3/5/2019, 5:48 PM

I have done all the suggested "fixes" and it still will not work, I gave up and just reinstalled the original 8 version. This 8.0.8.29 is just garbage, and wasn't tested properly before it was released. Very disappointed.

LooneyBinJim wrote on 3/6/2019, 2:10 PM

Thanks bkeller. I've done all that. Done clean windows boot. Reinstalled upgrade. Still either freezes on vst scan or message "scan server stopped working". Sometimes black dialogue box with " plug in scan is taking too long". Whether skip or continue, freezes anyway. Anyone got any final thoughts before I revert to previous version?

Hey mate i have been using 8.08.10 i had the same problems .

1st if you have installed the older version 8 then i would suggest remove all the plugins folders in Acid .

and remove all the plugins in the plugin manager.

Close Acid.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\MAGIX\ACID Pro\8.0

Locate these files and open with notepad ,Delete all text in the file notepad then close notepad click close and save changes made to file.Complete for all the files listed below.

acidpro.plugincache_x32.xml
acidpro.plugincache_x64.xml
​acidpro_bridgeaware_plugincache_x64.xml

vst_grovel.log

dx_grovel_x64.log

Now install the Acid update

This was how i managed to get mine working with Acid 8.0.8.10

The new Acid8.0.8.29 has the vst update which is where the problem start.AS acid loads and scans the vst when it hit 75% and stops .Load the taskmanager(Rightclick the taskbar click start taskmanager the tab at top label processes in this list of running processes audio_plugin_scan_services_x32 (also x64) thats causing Acid to hang....Right Click and end process and acid will carry on loading.

I have Acid running now hassle free although i made the effort to remove all 32 bit plugins from my system to eliminate any bridge problems

.HOpe this helps

Animal-Nation wrote on 3/6/2019, 8:11 PM

I'm thankful for the new light background. One problem I have come across is that I cannot access any of the presets of the stock plugins. This is happening on two machines, a desktop running Windows 7 and my laptop running Windows 10.

This is happening to me as well.
Hopefully the next release will have all the presets back.

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/7/2019, 7:17 AM

Great to have a light skin and be able to use 32 bit plug ins. This is all I asked for to be able to finally transfer to AP8 after all these years using AP7, so thank you!

Next maybe also allow the tint on the tracks themselves to be made lighter as some of the envelopes are hard to see.

Like others I lost all the presets on the stock Sony era plug ins which was a bummer. Also the editing app I was using in AP7 (Audacity) wouldn't show up in AP8 even though it was loaded in Preferences>Editing, but I used the workaround to get that working.

I use FL Studio as a softsynth synced to Acid to make synth lines and beats. No problems doing it with AP7 but it freezes up a LOT in AP8. I hope in the future Magix creates a decent Piano Roll for Acid so I can do everything in one place.

The synth plug ins I got with AP8 wouldn't load and I had to skip all of them. I assume they are for Independence? Is there a video tutorial on using Independence? I still have no idea how to use it and just want a simple easy to follow tutorial to get me invested in it.

Despite a few glitches and inconveniences I'm very happy to have an updated version of the DAW I'm accustomed to. I really hope to see more interaction from the Magix devs in the future though as I'm sure if the users and devs work together Acid can become a truly amazing product.

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/7/2019, 7:25 AM

New build is working very well. Thanks!

The white background solves an important usability issue for me: I can now see the loop notches clearly.

I am still hoping to see media manager (or some alternative) for searching loops as my library tops 40,000. However, I did discover (thanks to Derek / Dr.Zen ) that the 32 bit version of ACID still works with media manager so for now that's a good workaround.

Is there some kind of "roadmap" or other indication of where ACID development is going? Would be good to have that discussion.

Again, THANKS for the hard work!

Yes, a road map is a great idea. I think a good open dialogue between users here on the forum and the developers will benefit everybody, both the company and the customers.

weevil wrote on 3/7/2019, 8:52 PM

I'm really happy that the app got updated and still has some life.

But at the same time super disappointed the grouping bug I reported months ago was not fixed.

Want to use the app lots more, this makes it very difficult. 

Babis wrote on 3/8/2019, 8:13 AM

Yes, the lighter theme is much better to my eyes, thank you. Still, as mentioned the grouping bug has to be fixed. Also, still waiting for important new features like "Send Midi Data to Audio tracks and VST FX" , easy side chaining, higher resolution for editing audio and midi, a new media manager and an overhauled beat detection engine since the one included now, when it works, it only detects 4/4 tempos correctly. Add to those an easily assignable midi learn function to all buttons/knobs/commands and you got me covered :-)

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

Rednroll wrote on 3/9/2019, 9:20 AM

The lighter skin was definitely a welcome addition. I had just installed AP 8 last week and from being a AP user since v1.0 the 1st thing I looked for changing was a lighter skin. I really couldn't stand the black, it really made me feel uncomfortable and became frustrated to find there was no adjustment but 1 week later that was solved with the update.

I'm in setup stages for now with AP8. One thing I really wish is that the Plug-In manager showed more details like it does in SF12. In SF 12 the Plug-in manager displays if it's a VST2 or VST3 plugin as well as tells you if it's 32bit or 64bit plugin. AP8 seems to only tell you if it's a VST3 plugin or not which is better than Vegas Pro which doesn't seem to tell you anything in regards to the plugin properties and lets you know which version of the plugin you are using in your project.

Anyway to get AP8 and Vegas Pro 16 to display plugin details like SF12? There's a little thing of consistency across apps that I really like and it seems SF12 has the best implementation. When you enable "Details" in the AP8 plug-in manager view there is a column of "version" but nothing is displayed. I'm guessing that column should display VST version?

SF Pro 12 plugin manager view

AP8 plugin manager view

jimmburrell wrote on 3/11/2019, 10:07 AM

Uninstalling the new version of Acid Pro 8 - just like all the others, the system is hanging while looking for VSTs. I'm going back to the previous version to get back to work. I'll use Acid Pro 7 for my other VSTs.

brian-macarevey wrote on 3/11/2019, 4:14 PM

When I open old project none of instrument vst work("The Soft Synth plug-in "(all vsts)" was not found or did not load properly."), I tryed force rebuilding vst folder, also ereasing some magix files like the magix support sugested and still no vsts in old projects? waiting for more responces from magix support, if anyone else has the same problem, will update if I get the fix from Support, or maybe someone with same problem has a solution, let me know.

Cheers

Same.

brian-macarevey wrote on 3/11/2019, 4:16 PM

I have done all the suggested "fixes" and it still will not work, I gave up and just reinstalled the original 8 version. This 8.0.8.29 is just garbage, and wasn't tested properly before it was released. Very disappointed.

I reinstalled the original 8 as well. Let me know when there is a fix.

lt20018 wrote on 3/11/2019, 10:41 PM

Where is the patch?

evan-mitchell wrote on 3/15/2019, 4:21 PM

Still no patch to fix all these issues?

sheppo wrote on 3/15/2019, 7:18 PM

One thing I really wish is that the Plug-In manager showed more details like it does in SF12. In SF 12 the Plug-in manager displays if it's a VST2 or VST3 plugin as well as tells you if it's 32bit or 64bit plugin. AP8 seems to only tell you if it's a VST3 plugin or not which is better than Vegas Pro which doesn't seem to tell you anything in regards to the plugin properties and lets you know which version of the plugin you are using in your project.

the current build DOES show the architecture, if the VST is a different architecture from the version of Acid you're using. e.g. if you're using 64bit version, it will label the 32bit plugins accordingly. If the VST is the same architect as the version of Acid you're running it doesn't display it. Did you actually add in your 32bit Plugins?

Anyway to get AP8 and Vegas Pro 16 to display plugin details like SF12? There's a little thing of consistency across apps that I really like and it seems SF12 has the best implementation. When you enable "Details" in the AP8 plug-in manager view there is a column of "version" but nothing is displayed. I'm guessing that column should display VST version?

Yeah, you're right there. Looking at the properties info of a plugin does show the version, but it's not being populated in the details view.

Nicolas-PRAT wrote on 3/16/2019, 12:03 PM

Hi, big problem to my plugin like Refx Nexus and Sylenth for exemple. They are no recognized in my sequence or song since the last update of Acid Pro 8. Before this update, all be right.

mellotronworker wrote on 3/17/2019, 9:01 AM

Fairly unimpressed. As most of my 32-bit VSTs are jBridged, loading an ACD file into the program reports it missing. Also, LOTS of VSTs are taking too long to load on conversion and are being skipped.

The interface is much better though.