Feature request for Xara Designer Pro

erickoch3 wrote on 3/1/2020, 8:47 PM

I found myself working on a website in Xara and had to quickly write a simple text file that I was going to upload to the web. Suddenly, I realized that it was impossible to do in Xara Designer Pro...

So I would like to make a feature request that shouldn't be to much work for your team:

- add the possibility to save a text document in simple .txt format (actually it's only possible to save it in .rtf format)

- have the possibility to upload the .txt document directly to the web

In addition to these two features adding the option to connect to a server using private keys instead of a password, would be awesome and up to date with actual safety needs.

Otherwise, the suite is just great, really only have one regret, having not upgraded to Designer Pro before!

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/2/2020, 3:26 AM

@erickoch3

Hi

The feature you want is already in Web Designer.

Assuming the text file is for viewers of your site to read or download, convert it to a PDF - upload a plain text file or word type document is not a standard or recommended method.

Windows has a Print to PDF function which creates a PDF,http://outsider.xara.com/tutorials/april10/miscellaneous_features.htm it is under the text editors Print option.

See this article for how to add the PDF to a web page - although it refers to an earlier version the method is the same in later versions.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

erickoch3 wrote on 3/2/2020, 12:42 PM

Hi John,

The Xara convert to PDF and Microsoft print to Pdf are things that I'm familiar with already and use then quit often, the feature that I'm asking for is more like a small code editor or just the save as simple .txt file...with the possibility to upload it to the web.

This will be very useful for editing config files and others on VPS thus also adding the private keys login option feature will be great.