family movie creator does not install

itsashleyyy wrote on 5/17/2009, 9:33 PM
The main menu of the cd opens when I insert the cd into my laptop and so when I click on INSTALL a little box says "Please Wait, preparing installation..." and theres a green bar going on and on as if it were loading.  Well Ive been waiting for more than an hour and frankly, I think theres something wrong.  Helpppp, please!

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 5/18/2009, 8:45 AM
Hi,

we are users only and I guess that is something for the support. But there seems to be a conflict with your system. Is it Vista or XP?
ralftaro wrote on 5/20/2009, 10:55 AM
Hi,

The easiest installation troubleshooting you could always try before anything else would be an installation attempt in Windows "safe mode", which can get you around all kinds of resource problems and potential software conflicts during the installation process. To get into the Windows safe mode, as the computer is booting, keep tapping the "F8" key which will bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu". Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key. Try the installation again. Make sure to be a little patient during the installation process.  :-)