Failure to render

LadyMarmalady wrote on 11/2/2022, 6:29 AM

Hi there - anyone with any ideas??? I'm using ACID Pro 8 to create a multi-track project and am trying to render individual wav tracks, something I've successfully done before by muting each track except the one being rendered, and continuing moving the mutes until all have been done. It's a large file (874,206 KB) but I've done this with larger files. I've ticked the 'automatically render as 64 bit' box under preferences. The project is being created in 44.1 24, and I'm trying to save each track as 44.1 16 mono. Rendering is producing an empty file. I've experimented with saving as stereo and no difference. I've also tried ticking the 'save each track as a separate file' option with no luck.

I'm using a PC 32 GB RAM, 64 bit OS, Windows 10 Pro

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Comments

Adam-Dorval wrote on 11/4/2022, 2:05 PM

I have constant render issues with ACID 8, I basically have to do 'realtime render', and let it run 5 or 6 times to get something without the DAW crashing, or without a ton of clicks in the render. If I try a normal render it messes up automation, plugin settings, etc and renders a file that's nothing like what I have in the timeline.

Long story short, there are a ton of rendering bugs in this app and I have yet to find any successful fixes. So, +1 on this thread anyway.

One thing that does occasionally help me is to troubleshoot VST plugins - sometimes reducing the number of plugins I'm using, or avoiding certain VSTs that seem to consistently cause problems, not using any 32bit ones, or avoiding VST3 versions, helps.

LadyMarmalady wrote on 11/4/2022, 5:38 PM

Thanks for this Adam-Dorval. Very frustrating, isn't it. Removing panning helped with my file, and I re-added panning once rendering had been completed. However, all the tracks were panned hard left or right so it wasn't difficult to put it back. That wouldn't always be the case. I'll remember the tips you've given for any future problems. All the best with your projects.