Failing to play a burned dvd slideshow

rkburnie wrote on 7/11/2012, 5:35 PM

I have made a slide show with about 4.1 g to it. It is made of of several short slideshows. I then combine them into one large show (and or file). I put them under them under then menu, set to burn as the ntsc. I can spend up to an hour buring this dvd and it will not play which I did do this process 2 x's. I even took one show to do a test and burned it and it still will not play when burned with magix dvd mx deluxe on my pc or thru the dvd player. In fact it fdrezzes my pc up when I try to play it, I checked the up dates on my burner and all drivers were current. I have a 2 yr old dell which I bought to specifically to do slideshows and game on. So i took the full show and uploaded it into wondershare dvd builder and burn it to disc. Bam! it worked. I would prefer to burn it with magix the menu formats are sooooo much nice and since i did pay $100 for it, it would be rather nice to be able to use the Burn feature. So I pretty sure its just a setting or something im missing..... but like i said im pretty sure I am chosing the correct format settings. Anyone gots a suggestion? It would be greatly apreciated for a fix. Thanks

Comments

rkburnie wrote on 7/12/2012, 12:49 AM

ok sir i did recheck my settings...... but i saw nothing but clicking anything one it has been burned. But i did retry several more times and out of 4 more trieds i did get a test one to burn and play back. I did not do anyting different that the other times. this is really confusing and flustrating

johnebaker wrote on 7/12/2012, 12:47 PM

Hi

Are you using good quality branded DVD's?

Using lower priced DVD's can be a false economy.

I always trial burn to rewriteable DVD-RW discs for testing - once I have what I want and the DVD is good, I generally copy the rewriteable to DVD-R using Nero.  The rewriteables can be erased many times and save money if you get a dud as they can be erased.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/12/2012, 12:48 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

rkburnie wrote on 7/12/2012, 12:58 PM

maxell dvd-r but i can try another burn on a rw. wierd thing is  i can burn  and play with anothe softwear. I was just wanting the chpaters and the nice menus. thanks for the info and i will try along with contacting support