Failed C++ Distributable when Updating Acid Music Studio 11 64bit

Xavier-Campos wrote on 7/26/2021, 12:43 AM

Acid Music Studio 11 stopped rendering to any format. It would stutter the sound or the render wouldn't complete and could not be ended normally. I've uninstalled Acid Music Studio 11, rebooted and re-installed it and the C++ Redistributable fails when it prompts me to update the software. It sends me in a loop of re-downloading and then it fails again. I'm on Windows 10, fully updated, new fast Ryzen 5 3600 PC, I've tried installing to two different drives with the same error. I'm using Admin rights to install and patch.

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/26/2021, 1:38 PM

@Xavier-Campos I'm not sure if this will help but uninstalling all problematic C++ redistributables from your system and reinstalling ACID after this can help. The ACID installer will reinstall the redistributable again.

raan-summers wrote on 3/18/2022, 5:46 PM

raan-summers wrote on 3/18/2022, 6:43 PM

After EXHAUSTING hours and hours...I can say I have the EXACT SOLUTION to everyone's Visual c++ 2013 refusal to install and preventing Acid to setup.

You MUST only have MS Visual C++ 2013 x64 AND x86 versions 12.0.30501 installed in your Windows. ANY other versions have to go for 2013 c++'s(uninstall them all if different)...if you need to download versions 12.0.30501...here is a link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

install both x86 and x64 for 30501. Like I said-for 2013, there should be NO OTHER versions.

I guarantee you this works. It WILL install if you do this!!!! I am pleased to aid all who have banged their heads against the walls....Believe me, I've been there.

SP. wrote on 3/18/2022, 5:47 PM

@raan-summers Usually it should work fine if you have no version installed instead of one specific. The installer will reinstall it.

Tim-Russell wrote on 8/4/2022, 10:51 AM

Please someone at MAGIX learn to upgrade your C++ codes or whatever it takes. Asking us to install outdated codes on our computers so your software will update is the wrong way to go. I've spent 160 bucks so far on MAGIX and have been so disappointed in this software and the German company. Tech support is not available and the one phone number from 12 noon till 4 pm each day based in Florida is never available. I advise everyone I know Not to use this *** for their DAW.

SP. wrote on 8/4/2022, 12:31 PM

@Tim-Russell Version 2013 is not outdated. It just means, that the code basis uses features that weren't available before in an earlier. It is not necessary to install a special version of the 2013 Redistributables. It should work fine with the newest 2013 version. I'm not sure what is broken in a specific Windows installation that it requires an earlier version.

There is no phone support for ACID as far as I know. Phone support exists for Samplitude Pro X and Sequoia users.