Fade between multiple Videostreams

int5749 wrote on 6/1/2022, 12:47 PM

Hi all,

I bought Photostory Deluxe to create Video's from my Photos in general, but it shall contain some Videos as well.

This is working, but ...

I do have 2 or more Videos from same scene while I like to have 1 Stream as mais stream and where audio is used from but fade between the other videos to have same scene viewed by different angles.

Any hint how to achive this, please??

Thanks and regards

Comments

browj2 wrote on 6/2/2022, 7:52 AM

@int5749

Hi,

What you are describing is multi-cam. PhotoStory does not have this option, only Magix Video Pro X and Movie Edit Pro Plus/Premium, now called Magix Movie Studio Platinum/Suite.

See this old tutorial showiing how to do multi-cam editing in Video Pro X, same as in the other program. Nothing has changed since.

To get the same result in PhotoStory, you would have to first manually align the videos on the timeline, remove the audio or lower the volume completely on the objects on the track(s) not used for audio, then make cuts on the second (and third...) removing unwanted material from the video objects on the lower tracks, leaving the uppermost video clip with the good sound, intact.

To make fades, you can fade in/out the objects on the second (third...) track. You will not be able to easily make any other type of transitions this way.

There is another option if you need different types of transitions - duplicating the uppermost main object, to the second track, remove the audio, and after making all cuts to the other video, make identical cuts to the video on the second track moving the material where there is material on the third track.

Then, move each object fro the third into the gaps on the second track. Then you can make transitions by dragging the end(s) over the adjacent objects. Make sure that none of the objects moves. Very time-consuming.

Remember that track protocol has background on the upper track, which would be track 1 in the other programs, overlays go below on what are higher numbered tracks, 2, 3, ...

PhotoStory was not intended to be used for any major editing of videos.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

emmrecs wrote on 6/2/2022, 7:53 AM

@int5749

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I don't think that PS can do what you want, sorry! Using the Timeline view you can insert your videos on to as many separate tracks as the software will allow you to create (the one "lowest" down on the timeline will be the one that is visible, though you can reduce its opacity and so see one on a higher track "through" it) but, since it is not really designed to be a video editor, there is no method that I can see to allow you to regularly switch between or crossfade from one video to another nor to use the audio from only one of the videos, without a great deal of cutting and juxtaposing of the video objects on the timeline.

What you are seeking to do is really within the realms of tasks possible with a dedicated video editor, e.g., Magix Movie Studio, used in multicam mode. Using such a dedicated program, your task will be so much easier!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

int5749 wrote on 6/2/2022, 10:01 AM

Thanks to both of you,

I tried option described by @browj2 which is OK for my requirements as the majority are photos ;-)

browj2 wrote on 6/2/2022, 10:04 AM

@int5749

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know that you have a method to do what you want.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos