Extracting Loops and Remix Objects

Procyon wrote on 8/5/2009, 11:41 AM
In both MM-10 and MM-15, I've found the Remix Agent to be completely useless.  No matter how strong or defined the beat is, the Remix Agent is incapable of finding the beat.  Tapping in the beat is useless because once I stop the Remix Agent loses the beat anyway.

Besides breaking out loops in the arranger, is there a better, more efficient way of doing this?  Would the wave editor work better?

Also, while creating my own loops in the arranger, the program creates another copy of the entire source material in the Audiotemps file for each loop created.  In no time, this eats up a lot of storage capacity.  Is it really necessary to keep all of these redundent files?

Comments

NoTurning wrote on 8/6/2009, 9:02 AM
Hi,
You've stumbled upon the programming deficiencies of Music Maker as well as the poor file handling. Unfortunately there really is no good answer for you. The file copies can be removed but on some systems this causes a problem - remove them temporarily first to ensure your system doesn't wig-out and then you're ok... it is a "temp" folder right? ^_^

As far as the Remix agent and the beat detector... completely useless. I can't believe they don't fix this mess as it's been junk from the beginning. I can seldom get it to work correctly. Unfortunately there isn't really an alternative in Music Maker - the wave editor won't do what you want and it's destructive editing anyway.

Justin