External harddrive & offline access

min-bru wrote on 11/6/2022, 4:47 AM

I need to know if the 70gig of virtual instruments and plugins is inclusive with the DAW ?. Is the 47 vita instruments included, or are they in addition to these the 47 offered? Also,will I be able to download and store all these on an external drive to use in case of internet failure, and if so, what size drive and reliable type would you recommend? This is in view of Purchasing Samplitude Pro X7 outright to run on windows 10 64bit?

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/6/2022, 11:10 AM

@min-bru The Independence Premium Library has 70 GB samples. The Vita Instruments come on top of that but many Vita Instruments use the same samples that Independence Premium offers but with a much simplified user interface. Both work offline after installation and registration. You can back up the installer files if you pause the installation and copy the files from the temp directory.

min-bru wrote on 11/8/2022, 12:17 AM

Thank you SP

At what point during the installation should I pause to copy files, and should this be on it's own independent drive?

min-bru wrote on 11/9/2022, 2:05 AM

Correction - This is in view of Purchasing Samplitude Pro X7 suite outright to run on windows 10 64bit? Again, at what point during the installation should I pause to copy files, and should this be on it's own independent drive, or will it conflict with other stuff already on it?