Exporting A Project Video and Audio Objects

Whalebat wrote on 1/5/2013, 9:47 PM

MEP MX Plus and 2013 Plus

If I have a project that I've edited into 5 separate objects (each object being video and audio).

Each object representing a chapter.

Is it possible for me to export each object (chapter) as a separate fil ( mpg, avi, etc..... ) into a designated folder.

So I end up with a folder containing the 5 separate video / audio objects in it?

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 1/5/2013, 11:25 PM

Whalebat,

Your export window from 'File' >> 'Export movie' >> 'Video as ...' has an 'Export selected range only' tick box -- in the 'Other' section toward the bottom. This option doesn't appear if you use MEP2013's 'Export' button at the top right of the screen. Remember to zoom in for precise placement of the range markers.

Regards,

Carl

Whalebat wrote on 1/6/2013, 12:18 AM

Thanks Carl

I see the option via the file menu now.

I was  wondering if the objects could be batch exported as individual mpg's, avi's etc into a single folder.

From your explanation I think I need to select each object and export them one at a time.

Thanks

cpc000cpc wrote on 1/6/2013, 2:18 AM

Just checking...

In MEP the term 'Object' quite specifically refers to a single entity -- a single image file (JPG BMP etc), an audio file WAV MP3 etc) or a video file which may or may not have audio included (AVI MPG etc). I assumed, as you said you had done editing, that you were using 'object' in a more general sense of a collection of files (or parts of an original file) which 'represented a chapter'.

MEP does have batch processing but only for Magix objects -- individual, usually video, files. This is useful if you have say 20 clips from a camera downloaded in one format eg MTS, and you want to do your editing in another eg MPEG4. MEP batch processing won't work for what I'd assumed was your collection of items.

If I've misunderstood and you really do have just five 'Magix objects' then your work is done as they are, by definition, five distinct files. In this case a batch operation should work if you want to convert them all into a different format.

Whalebat wrote on 1/6/2013, 2:05 PM

Hello Carl

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I took one video source and chopped it into chapters.I refered to each chapter as an object. Then was looking for the quickest way to export each as a separate file.

Carl Wrote:

If I've misunderstood and you really do have just five 'Magix objects' then your work is done as they are, by definition, five distinct files. In this case a batch operation should work if you want to convert them all into a different format.

How do I do this?

cpc000cpc wrote on 1/6/2013, 3:44 PM

I'd say you're back to defining each range and export range only. This is because your 'chapters' are not unique files -- they're all pieces of the same file so the usual batch processing won't work.

An alternative that might be just a bit easier would be to (1) load your five chapter project (make a backup first!), (2) delete four chapters, (3) move the remaining one to the start and export. Repeat four more times. At least you don't have to worry about getting the markers in exactly the right positions.

Whalebat wrote on 1/6/2013, 5:39 PM

Hello Carl

I've chosen to use the Export Selection option as you suggested earlier and export them one at a time.

Although this still works fine, pity there wasn't a quicker way if I chose to export a larger number which I'd hoped to do in the near future.

Thanks again

emmrecs wrote on 4/16/2024, 1:23 PM

@Doug-Koempel

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Your first post here has been created in a very old thread asking about how to export separate video objects; you write about how to create separate audio files from a single starting point.

Hence, it really has nothing to do with the subject of the original question! Such posts are regarded as attempts to hijack another user's thread, which is not allowed in the forums. As a result, I have hidden your post, with apologies.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Doug-Koempel wrote on 4/16/2024, 2:09 PM

Hi Jeff,

Oh, so sorry Jeff. I just now noticed that this must be a forum for MOVIE STUDIO.

My apologies. I thought this forum was for Magix Audio Cleaning Lab!.

Please feel free to completely delete my post as it certainly has nothing to do with MOVIE STUDIO.

Regards,

Doug Koempel / Bird-On-Fire Recording & Mastering