i then finished it as an mp4

i then went back into main movie

removed the 25 old edits on timeline

put in the mp4 with the 25 in its place

now when its trying to make the bigger movie i get this error

the mp4 i dropped on timeline was 16gb was not sure if that was an issue

again i am stuck so any comments great..thanks in advance

Brian

p.s. learned loads in this edit session, enjoyed the experience till the error :-(

emmrecs wrote on 3/13/2024, 7:25 AM

@spuddy13

Hi Brian,

With full acknowledgement to @johnebaker for this information:

For MMS Studio 2020 and later versions the burn log is part of the regular program log file located in the folder

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\MAGIX\Program version\Videodeluxe.log

Do note: the Program version in both the above file paths will use the European name for MEP/MMS ie: Videodeluxenn_edition where nn= a 2 digit number and the edition = Plus or Premium

This log file however can be very large as it logs a lot of general data from the program starting up to closing down everytime the program is used. The latest entry will be at the bottom of the file

Please note that last sentence! As John writes, the file can be very big since it can include data from the very first time you opened the program! So, ensure you do, indeed, scroll to the end of it (check the date it says the entries were created). You can copy and paste here any relevant information you see if you're not sure what it means and we'll try to "decode" it!

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

spuddy13 wrote on 3/13/2024, 5:02 PM

checking now Jeff, thanks for response

spuddy13 wrote on 3/13/2024, 5:27 PM

does this mean anything

2024/03/12 23:59:12 [INFO]    [_Common]: Export with ImportDevice("Intel(R) HD Graphics 530"); EngineDevice("CPU"); and ExportDevice("Intel(R) HD Graphics 530") rendering to C:\Users\brian\Desktop\photovidsgoth\gothfinalmaybe.mp4 started (MxMpeg4Intel|3840x2160p|1.77778|25 FPS|60000 kbit/s||2 CHN|48000 Hz|192 kbit/s)

2024/03/13 00:35:20 [FATAL]   [Export - Engine]: Bounce: CInfoException: 0x80004005

johnebaker wrote on 3/13/2024, 7:11 PM

@spuddy13

Hi Brian

What is the Intel processor full model number and the GTX graphic card full name/model and are their drivers up to date? The Belarc images are difficult to read.

From what I can make out this is a laptop running Windows 10.

. . . . CInfoException: 0x80004005 . . . .

This is a Wndows error code, which would suggest that there is an issue either with the intel HD530 or the GTX xxx GPU drivers or a clash between the GPU's.

In Movie Studio Program settings, Device options tab if the settings for the Import, Processing and Export options are set to the Intel HD 530, try setting them to the GTX and export again.

Added:-

Another issue I can see is that you are exporting to the desktop, this is not recommended as this is a protected area and may also be the reason for the crash.

All your source video files and exports should be within the Documents folder, as should any other files/documents that are on your desktop.

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/13/2024, 7:15 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

spuddy13 wrote on 3/14/2024, 6:08 AM

what a great bunch you are..so knowledgeable

heres my update

my processor is - core i5 - 6300HQ

graphics - nvidia geforce gtx 950m

my graphic drivers probably not upto date, will investigate

my movie studio was set to use onboard - intel hd graphics 530

on my struggling i5 laptop

i have now set movie studio to use nvidia 950m for import,export,and processing

John, thanks for highlighting this , appreciated

my file management of input and output files is poor is there any docs or reference to guide you on file house keeping ..

i had a countdown timer i used in current movie

i also used it in a previous movie but did i struggle to find there i put the file after 1st use

i think i had to go into previous movie in movie studio and find its source there...so i am untidy

so to end on a good note...i asked AI what it thought about error code while waiting on forum response

and it suggested a few things but one was a good old flush of the system...so i rebooted the laptop

changed the settings as John advised above

and i now have my complete movie to mp4 over night..no errors :-)

so happy today...thanks guys this is a great resource...i am loving my edit journey and the results the software can produce..

when it aborted i felt sick ...how am i going to fix this with no error code..to report on

but you got me going

cheers

Brian

johnebaker wrote on 3/14/2024, 4:38 PM

@spuddy13

Hi Brian

. . . . my file management of input and output files is poor is there any docs or reference to guide you on file house keeping . . . .

There are many ways for file managing files,all in one form or the other followed what you would do in an office for paper filing.

My method has the following file/folder structures:

Each project has its own folder structure organised as shown above - I copy, paste and rename the Blank folder which has the structure shown.

There are other folders, eg for common resources which have sub folders/categories, and other folders not shown for screen recordings etc.

The one thing I do not do is use one folder for all media, this avoids overwriting one projects images/video with another and mixing various media types.

The above structures also making backups to external drives easy, I use SyncBack, first run copies the entire project root folder and sub-folders, next run again it only copies the changed/added files.

I can find most thing quickly when needed.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/14/2024, 4:42 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

spuddy13 wrote on 3/14/2024, 8:08 PM

Thanks John,

Just about to start edit of a trip to Salzburg..I will use your folder structure during this edit to stay organised.

This is great thanks

Brian