Error msg. -14. Can't activate upgrade.

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/7/2021, 3:10 AM

Hi, I'm getting an error msg. -14 when I try to activate my upgrade software PhotoGraphicDesign 365 v.12.5.1 from Xara/Magix online download. I had no luck registering from the program opening form, I had to go to the website. It took many different attempts to get any help with the registration. Finally, I got a msg. stating I had already registered so apparently one of my attempts worked but it kept saying my serial number was invalid. This is on a PC with Win. 10. I upgraded from PhotoGraphic Design v7. Did it get deleted when I installed the new program? Why is it so difficult to contact customer service or tech support? I'd appreciate any help with this? I forgot to say I also downloaded the Simpliclean program which I was leary of so now it's deleted. Thank you in advance.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 12/7/2021, 4:02 AM

@Sandy-Mozingo

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Does this Magix Support article about error code 14 help?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 12/7/2021, 4:38 AM

@Sandy-Mozingo

Hi

In addition to @emmrecs comment - when you upgraded from v7 to v12, if you purchased the upgrade direct from Magix, did you get a new serial number, it should be in the confirmation email for v12 upgrade purchase, and use this to activate the program?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/7/2021, 4:40 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/7/2021, 2:29 PM

Thx John, yes I got a serial number & yes I did buy direct from Magix. The authentication part of the process just will not accept it. The msg. says the serial number is invalid. It took me several attempts to even register the product. I'm using Google Chrome, but I did try another browser to no avail. I can't get past that authentication probem. Thank you, Sandy

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/7/2021, 2:36 PM

@Sandy-Mozingo

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Does this Magix Support article about error code 14 help?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Hi Jeff, Thx for your question. No, sorry to say that article didn't help. I found it before but I still can't get authentication for my Photo & Graphic Design upgrade. I downloaded that Simpliclean program with it as well as something that came free (maybe it's downloaded I haven't seen it & don't recall what it was. It was just a free program that came with the download. Would it help to uninstall the program & redownload without the Simpliclean? I deleted the clean program because it all of a sudden found so many errors & was about to delete a lot of things before I could decide what was going on. Thanks, Sandy

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/7/2021, 2:46 PM

I've double, triple & more checked every number & of the ser. # I received in the email Magix sent with my purch. info & purch. #, etc. Thx, Sandy

johnebaker wrote on 12/7/2021, 3:54 PM

@Sandy-Mozingo

Hi Sandy

. . . . I've double, triple & more checked every number & of the ser. # I received in the email Magix sent  . . .

If you have not done so, copy and paste the entire serial number including the prefix P3- from the email into the activation dialog.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 12/7/2021, 3:58 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/8/2021, 7:46 AM

Hi John, I've managed to get my program activated. I redownloaded the program & noticed it was a different process but the same program, only v 18.0.0 so I'll look for the manual & get busy. Thank you guys so very much for your suggestions, links & patience with me. God bless you guys. I'll be back if I need any further enlightenment. Sandy Mozingo

johnebaker wrote on 12/8/2021, 5:10 PM

@Sandy-Mozingo

Hi

Thansk for the feedback, pleased to hear your are now up and running.

John EB

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/10/2021, 2:58 AM

Hi John, Yes I've finally gotten it up & running. You guys in here were so nice to reply & tried to help me get it online. Thank you for that. I have another question that I may have to post as a new topic right? It's about the color picker & if it can recognize a color that's been picked up by the syringe tool & display the colors that were needed to make that shade? Like a shade of brown from a photo of a dog that I'm painting. Can the program tell me what colors I have to use to get that shade or hue? I've seen brief tags come out when I'm on the color patch that told something like RGB & some percentages but for some reason, it wasn't clear or I had trouble figuring it out. Is that the answer to my question, hold the mouse over the color & it brings up a tag that tells what colors & percentages of each color that was used to make up this color? Yeah, I'll go post this question in the proper area. Thank you very much. God bless you, Sandy

Sandy-Mozingo wrote on 12/28/2021, 2:38 PM

Hi John, As so often is the case when a person gets a new program there are so many questions. I should have been more patient about the workings of the software Photo & Graphic Design. I didn't use it much so I wasn't aware of all of the wonderful options it contains. I found by a bit of digging thru the help section the program does indeed tell the various colors by % on the color picked. I'm really excited as I learn more & more about Photo & Graphic Design. Using the Color Picker is fun & easy but I still have trouble with that ribbon that comes up with the % of each color as it doesn't stay up long. But on the right side in the Color bar I see % of colors so I think I'm going to learn more about it now. If you could use another testimonial to the awesomeness of this program let me know. Happy New Year & thanks for the past & most likely future help. You guys are great!