Error message when importing avi files

IdRidden wrote on 11/2/2009, 2:01 PM
Hello,

Using Movie Edit Pro 14.

I have used this for awhile and had never had this problem before with the same exact camera.

All of a sudden when i go to import a video file I get a message saying

file format cannot be opened by MAGIX edit pro 14!
Please make sure that the drive is not full or write protected. yada yada yada

Unless a bunch of settings on something changed mysteriously everything should be fine. I have tried troubleshooting this but alas I cannot overcome it and I have to get a video done here. arg!

What is going on here and does anyone have a way to fix this, get around this or know specifically what is happening??

Please help.

Cheers!

Comments

asoeli wrote on 11/2/2009, 3:31 PM
One thing you could try is to "Reset program settings to defaults". You find it under Help.
IdRidden wrote on 11/2/2009, 3:37 PM
Yeah I tried the reset. I tried uninstall and install. I tried importing from different drives. I tried renaming and a bunch of different settings tweaks. None of it worked.

What I just tried was converting them to WMV files, and it seems to work all of a sudden, knock on wood. This is ridiculous though and don't want to have to convert everthing all the time.

Maybe I turned off a required service somewhere or it is a codec issue or maybe some camera settings got tweaked or something. Could it just be an unfixable glitch? Maybe I deleted a required file somewhere....

Not sure BUT I would prefer to just be able to import the AVI file without conversion.

Thanks for the reply.

peace
Clevo wrote on 11/3/2009, 9:57 AM
Sometime between when you last used it and it worked and now (when it doesn;t) something has definiately changed and it could be a codec issue.

My guess would be that you may have installed a codec pack?