Error in Movies on DVD 7 after trying to play recorded video

stefan5 wrote on 9/29/2013, 6:49 PM

Hi

After a Windows re-installation on a new hard disk drive on my XP, I can't get Magix Movies on DVD 7 to work properly. The program seems to work, but when I've recorded something or simply just import a video clip, the program crash when I try to play the clip.
I get the message:
"
Error in module "homeDVD-Movies.exe" (Load address: 0x00400000) to address 0x0065708d Exception 0xc0000005 "ACCESS-VIOLATION
"
and below that futher information
"
Warning! Internal data structures may have been destoyed and the saved project my be damaged. It's recommended to save the project under a new name and verify it later after restarting the program
"

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing on my other hard disk drive (same computer). Same problem all the time. It worked fine before I reinstalled Windows.

What can be wrong?
Thanks...

/Stefan

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/19/2013, 1:23 PM

Hi

. . . . Warning! Internal data structures may have been destoyed and the saved project my be damaged.. . . .I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing on my other hard disk drive (same computer). Same problem all the time. It worked fine before I reinstalled Windows. . . . 

Hi

The message says that the project is corrupt, so just uninstalling and reinstalling is not going to fix the problem because remnants are left behind and must be cleaned up after an uninstall using the Magix cleanup tool and before reinstall.

Reinstalling to another hard drive on the same computer also will not fix the problem because there are still many files etc that are installed to the C drive - in particular the database used by the software.

The issue you are having would suggest there may be a problem with the Windows installation, faulty memory or a faulting motherboard / processor (possibly overheating).

Try contacting support at magix.com (that is also there email address - substitute @ for at and remove the spaces).

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 10/19/2013, 1:23 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.