Error Code -24

Gooner11 wrote on 1/13/2024, 6:53 PM

I purchased and activated this software in 2019 before using for a couple of years and then no longer required it. I now need to use it again and I have re-installed the software from the My Products page however each time I open the app, it shows up with my serial code and email address and when I click Activate & Register Immediately Online, I get the error code -24 and this serial number has already been registered to another email address. I am unable to log in and cannot find a way to do so without the need to activate the serial number again.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/13/2024, 7:28 PM

@Gooner11 Make sure to enter the exact same e-mail address as your customer account uses to which the software is registered to. If you want to change the e-mail address you need ti change it in the customer account at Magix.com.

Gooner11 wrote on 1/15/2024, 6:08 AM

@Gooner11 Make sure to enter the exact same e-mail address as your customer account uses to which the software is registered to. If you want to change the e-mail address you need ti change it in the customer account at Magix.com.

Hi there, thanks the email address is definitely correct but still experiencing the same issues.