errNo 5 - encoding failed - on Photostory 2015 Deluxe. How do I get round this?

geoffpt wrote on 7/8/2015, 11:23 AM

I'm trying to burn a blu-ray disk of a slideshow using Photostory 2015 Deluxe (version 14.0.5.66 (UDPP3)), but after the six movies of the slideshow appear to be encoded ('Step 6 done') I get:

ERROR: PrepareDVDVideoFiles() failed with err No 5 - encoding failed

!!! DBK error in BurnProject: 10 - movie encoding failed.

What does this mean, and how do I get beyond it?  Any help would be appreciated, thanks - I'm at a total loss...

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 7/8/2015, 12:07 PM

Hi

See this FAQ on the Magix website.

Also can you post the section of the error log from when you started the burn process to the error itself.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 7/8/2015, 12:08 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Trying wrote on 7/8/2015, 12:18 PM

Hi, am not sure what is causing your problem, have you tired using different makes of DVD, some are more successfull than others, also ensure that Magix is up to date, and the drivers for your DVD burner are also up to date as is your operating system, stop all other programs that are not required at the time of burning, even music players.

Here is another suggestion, not sure if it applies to your product but certainly worth a look, I found that MEP 15+ created a file folder that contains all the necessary files to burn the DVD using ""ImgBurn" which is a free software.  So I just go to the Folder "Disk Images" in My Documents/Magix_Movie_Edit_Pro 15 Plus/Disc Images, and select it for burning a DVD using ImgBurn.  Works great!  It is faster and plays on all of my players!!

You will see the above pertains to an older version of Magix, but perhaps the same or similar folders exist and you can follow the steps to get your project completed, I hope this works, either way let us know. One last note, be carefull with the installation of ImgBurn, as it tries to install other programs with it, read up before you install this or indeed any program, BurnAware free is another good option, same applies to installing, go back at least three of four times during install and untick the programs to remove them, I do not rememver which product adds a new one each time you remove the visible one, so be carefull, and do not connect to the internet during of after install, as people noted this causes some of the unwanted programs to fail, and a foldter gets deleted that signals defeat and thus no more tries to call home, this is all straight forward if you are alert, otherwise find someone that understands how to install programs and exclude the rubish bundled with them.

Regards, johnp

geoffpt wrote on 7/9/2015, 3:48 AM

Thanks guys,

The FAQ link notes did get me going again, even though I have no idea what the original problem was.  I exported the 6 movies in my slideshow separately as mpeg video files (no encoding problems) and then imported them into a new project.  I was then able to burn the slideshow to a blu-ray disk with no problems whatever.  A mystery, as I made no changes to the original slideshow parameters.  But at least I got results.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Geoff