Comments

sheppo wrote on 5/22/2019, 11:34 AM

Im not in front my pc to refresh my memory as to what EQ plugins come with AP8/9. Actually I'm probably one of the few people that can live with the old direct x plugins for a lot of the time. I think the old EQ and resonance plugins work great.

For everything else I hit up fab filter pro Q2. Best in class. Not expensive.

But yes, I'm always in favour of great plugins out of the box. Pick any other DAW, and they do with great tools by default.

Regarding jbridge. I can't say I've encountered any plugin that doesn't work, at least in AP8. Obviously though I've not tried every plugin in existence. Have you tried rescanning your plugins. Have you added the 32bit installation folders to the folders to scan?

elbe63 wrote on 5/22/2019, 12:25 PM

Yes, it's the 4 band DirectX EQ. I tried the rescan, still the same result. 32bits plugins makes ACID 64bits version crash. UAD is also a problem in the 32bits version of ACID. I can't put any on tracks if I put some on the master bus (in SONY's acid it worked fine)... Any thoughts ?

sheppo wrote on 5/22/2019, 1:41 PM

back home, checked which non-direct-X EQ plugins are made by Magix, and come with AP8/9. Nothing. So yeah, that's not great. This might be a good opportunity for the community to recommend good paid, and free plugins for specific jobs, e.g. EQ? I don't mind running a monthly post on the forum to get the conversation going, if that helps.

Regarding 32bit plugins. You can see the 32bit plugins in the list of available plugins, e.g. "FabFilter Pro-Q 2 (32 Bit)", and AP8 crashes as soon as you try to add one of these plugins identified as 32bit to a track or bus? Does this happen with all 32bit plugins, or just some?

elbe63 wrote on 5/22/2019, 2:16 PM

It happens with ALL plugins identified as 32bit in ACID 9 and not all work (they do not crash, just don't have the right interface and no controls) in ACID 8... this is stange... and very disappointing.

sheppo wrote on 5/23/2019, 1:02 AM

With Acid closed, can you try deleting the file identified in this post, then re-adding just the 32bit plugins back in to Acid to see if that helps. If that still doesn't offer any joy I would suggest logging a support ticket with Magix through the Contact link at the bottom of every forum page.

CidBil wrote on 5/23/2019, 5:27 AM

I also had an issue with the 32bit plugins crashing, when I first started using AP9......... I submitted a support ticket, and was informed it was in the developers hands.....btw, very speedy communications with support..:)

Rednroll wrote on 5/27/2019, 5:58 PM

Regarding jbridge. I can't say I've encountered any plugin that doesn't work, at least in AP8. Obviously though I've not tried every plugin in existence. Have you tried rescanning your plugins. Have you added the 32bit installation folders to the folders to scan?

I've been unsuccessful using Jbridge with the Sound Toys v4 Native plugins. Sound Toys just released v5.3 plugins with 64bit support, so maybe I need to look into those.

https://www.soundtoys.com/product/soundtoys-5/