Electric Guitar sound in Magix Music Maker 16 Premium

Max4880 wrote on 4/10/2010, 6:07 PM
Hello,

I have been learning how to use MM16 for abouth a month now. I have a pretty good grasp on how to create tracks with most virtual instruments, but am having difficulty with electric guitar. I got good sound with Power Chords, ehich does not seem to need any effects to sound distorted, but it only seems to cover a little over an octave. I can not get any high pitch sounds out of it.

The electric guitar synths sound OK without any distortion, but when I try to use the distortion effects in the effects panel, the guitar sounds muddy and horrible.

What I would like to be able to do is get the sound of Power Chords at higher octaves, or be able to use the Electric Guitar synth with effects so that it sounds just like Power Chords.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

Procyon wrote on 4/12/2010, 5:22 PM
The virtual instruments in Vita generally cover only the natural range of the instruments they emulate.  It does seem a bit strange that the Power Chords (guitar) would have such a limited range.

Your best option may be MIDI tranposition.  If there are certain sections of your composition that require a higher (or lower) range, you should make them a separate object and transpose it accordingly.  If you push it too far, you may not like the results.

I don't have MM-16, but in MM-15 you would go to the object menu > Tempo & Pitch > MIDI Transposition (ALT+SHIFT+D)
Procyon wrote on 4/19/2010, 9:00 AM
Oh well....it was worth a try.  It seems that Vita will not play outside of the instruments "natural" range even after transposition.  One would think it would simply shift the whole range up or down.

You're correct that all of the distortion devices available in MMM sound like garbage.  I tried importing a third-party VST distortion, but the results were only slightly better, but not enough to be usable.

I guess the only option is to find someone to play your power chords on a real distorted electric guitar and record it.
GodlyLegends wrote on 11/15/2023, 1:01 PM

What about now 13 years later?
I wanna make solo's!

emmrecs wrote on 11/15/2023, 1:29 PM

@GodlyLegends

Your first post to these forums is to a thread which is, as you acknowledge, more than 13 years old! Please do not resurrect such old threads but rather start a new thread with your question.

There have been so many changes, updates and upgrades to MM since this question was originally posted!

This thread will be closed.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam