Effects on Photo Manager 12

nirvanray wrote on 9/6/2013, 2:59 PM

Dear MAGIX Friends,
I have downloaded the free version of MAGIX Photo Manager 12.
Now I want to ask you other than HDR, contrast and brightness, are there no other options of effects on the selected picture?
I have attached a screen-shot.
Where can I find these effects?
Regards.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/7/2013, 2:42 AM

Hi Anirban

Photomanager is not an image editting program, so the adjustments available are 'extras' and limited to what is a photo management/cataloguing system.

If you want more functions then you will need an image editor such as GIMP (freeware), Photoshop (expensive) or Paintshop Pro - my personal favourite, does nearly everything Photoshop does at a reasonable price there are other image editing programs as well see here.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/7/2013, 2:42 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

gandjcarr wrote on 9/7/2013, 5:02 AM

Anirban,

John is abolutely right, Photo Manager is really an image management program and not a great one at that.  Picasa is a much better image management application which has better facial recognition and more adjustments available, but no real ability to create much in the way of effects.

You may want to try Magix Photo Designer 7.  It is also free (just below the PhotoManager download).  Not nearly as sophisticated as Paintshop Pro or Photoshop but it does have many pretty good features.  I personally use Xara Designer Pro X most of the time, but will go to Photo Designer if I have edits I want to make that are not overly complex.  I also use Paintshop Pro which is very good, I just personally prefer the layout and operation of the Xara product for my way of editing still images.

George