Editing / adding to the DVD Menu

kmills wrote on 11/25/2012, 11:18 AM

I have finished a video transfer project in Video Easy RYVT Edition and now wish to burn it to DVD.  The project is split into 4 separate recordings and I want each of these to be listed as separate items on the DVD menu.  However, for some reason, I can only list the first 3 - the program doesn't apear to be oicking up the 4th recording.  I can't find a way to add a 4th item to the DVD menu, so that when the DVD is being viewed the person viewing it will be able to select which of the 4 items they wish to view. 

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 11/25/2012, 4:30 PM

Kmills,

Sorry I don't have Rescue Your Videotapes but, if it uses the same DVD menu creation section as Magix video editors like Movie Edit Pro, you would need to go into edit mode -- usually via buttons at the top of the window. There you can choose templates (Rescue certainly has them) for background design and button types etc, but also pick the maximum number of buttons per menu page and their arrangement.

If Rescue doesn't provide this flexibility your template might be fixed at three items but have a button to go to the next menu page.

Regards,

Carl

kmills wrote on 11/26/2012, 1:19 PM

Hi Carl,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  The menu creation section on RYVT seems fairly basic compared to the one on MEP.  I can choose a different template and change the font, but apart from that it doesn't appear to offer any other options.

Thanks anyway.

Kevin

cpc000cpc wrote on 11/26/2012, 3:26 PM

Kevin,

And thanks for replying -- often efforts of those answering seem to just drift away...

I'd serious suggest you upgrade to the latest MEP, 2013 being sure you go for the 'Plus' version. If it's beyond your budget you might find an older version on amazon etc Even my old MEP14+ has the option for choosing the number of chapters per menu page! Sure it lacks the new HD capabilities (and a lot more!) but that wouldn't be a worry with transfers from VHS to ordinary DVDS.

Regards,

Carl