Edited Video Disappeared

carlbarry wrote on 3/4/2009, 9:06 PM
I was editing a 4 minute music video, and saved it to continue editing later.  When I opened it up the next day, the first 3 minutes of the video had vanished, and all that was left after the blank space was some snippets of video I had edited out.  By the way, the music soundtrack I had added was still there.  And I checked backups that had been saved, and they all have lost the video.  I am stumped.  Thanks for any help!

Comments

feluraunt wrote on 3/5/2009, 10:01 AM

Did you or someone delete the video or move the video from where it was originally found on the computer?

I haven't had this happen before, but you could have inadvertently moved the video or even worst case, deleted it. The program project opens the files from the location the were found originally. What I mean is; if you pulled a file from My Documents folder into a project, saved the project, closed it, moved the video from My Documents folder to Desktop, opened the Movie Edit Pro project again, it wont know where the video is now. It moved and that I have done before.

The key is to make sure you keep all your video, audio, images in the same location.