Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 9/9/2013, 3:41 PM

Hi,

Xara Web Designer 8 Premium (which is what I use) does support e-commerce so I can think of no reason why Version 9 would not.  I can't really tell you if the XL hosting package supports e-commerce, but I can't think of any reason why it would not.  Your ecommerce store is going to be managed by paypal or however you choose to accept orders and process the payment.  I don't have my e-commerce sites hosted with Magix-Online.

You also need to understand that no one on this forum actually works for Magix.  This is a user forum.

George

yvon-robert wrote on 9/9/2013, 5:54 PM

Hi,

Depending package you need for a eCommerce :

The easiest package you can create with near any software I use Xara Web Designer 7 and 8 now to build the web site and incorporate a PayPal button.

My setup is :

Need a PayPal account and use the free option, not necessary to pay you create your product and price and you denerate a PayPal button you copy the code and paste in rectangle that you draw on your web page.

My website is made using Xara Web Designer MX and hosted independant web server from Magix.

When a customer visit our store and click the PayPal button this open a new window containing a purchase form, the client can use creit card or PayPal account. When the transaction is done you receive an email to ship the goods DVD or book to the buyer. PayPal collect 5% to manage and handle credit card this is much less if you try to use the second level pay per month or the third level you manage yourself the credit card via you bank account this cost a lot of money.

Use the free option from PayPal this is free.

Regards,

YR

johnebaker wrote on 9/12/2013, 12:19 PM

Hi

If by eCommerce you mean software packages which use PHP and MySQL then the answer is no.

Which eCommerce package were you thinking of using?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/12/2013, 12:19 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

yvon-robert wrote on 9/12/2013, 1:40 PM

Hi,
The Wix plan cost at least nearly $20 per month plus the cost to handling credit card normally the fees are 5% and up to 7%. Probably you need to add special bank service. Better to work with customers to use credit card and PayPal button this means for you less trouble to create and less training for your customers to learn How to manage PayPal and the cost is 5%. For major enterprises to handle credit card cost is 1,7% either Visa and MasterCard cost about 4 to 5% for American Express.
The problem to go higher degrees is security and confidentiality of customer’s information. Who is responsible? When too much people play with money or have a system bullet proof against fraud, have you the knowledge to go in this direction or risk somebody to sue you or a bank to sue you.

Regards,

YR