DVD won't play on TV of my photostory 6 slide show - have done the downloads

gosacstate wrote on 4/17/2011, 10:23 PM

I really need to get this slideshow to be able to play on a TV. I've burned the show on DVD+RW disks then switched to DVD+R, after error messages on the TV that say "disk not finalized, and then "cannot play this disk".  I have downloaded from the magix site the burn updates for 2009 and 2010. (they weren't called updates, I can't remember the term).  Everything goes fine as I'm doing it, and the burn software says the disk is complete.  I can play on my PC but not a TV.  I need to make multiple copies to send out to people that will play on TV's so I have to get this done.  Thanks

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 4/18/2011, 10:58 AM

First, you need to determine what discs your DVD player can play.

Some DVD players cannot play DVD+R as they are only for DVD-R... the Plus and Minus make a huge difference.  You can use this site to maybe look up your player and see what it supports...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

This is a limitation to the technology that is allowable to consumers, there is no set-standard for DVD, though many new players accept both (I think like Blu-ray players)... Computers also have the ability to playback just about any DVD standard, simply because it is a computer.

All playable discs have to be closed out or finalized. You cannot finalize a DVD+RW or DVD-RW. ReWritable discs are not recommended for anything other than storage.

gosacstate wrote on 4/22/2011, 11:37 AM

Thanks for trying to help.  My dvd player can play the dvd+, as I have a slide show that has worked before.  The info about writable disks is helpful for other projects.  Thanks