DVD copy quality

Mike-Gannon wrote on 6/24/2020, 8:41 AM

Having problems with the quality of the MP4 output, which is inferior to the MVY copy. I have copied from a VHS source onto a laptop using S-Video and component cables (red, yellow, white). Whilst the original video quality is poor, as expected, the copy to MVY project is reasonable. The quality is dropping significantly at the "Finish Movie" stage.

I am selecting MPEG-4 and DVD, as any changes to HD or Full HD result in a warning that the input quality is inferior.

Unfortunately the result (saved on computer, prior to DVD) is really inferior. It is worse than the DVD!

Any advice very gratefully received.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 6/24/2020, 9:04 AM

@Mike-Gannon

I have moved your original post to the correct product area, so this post is now redundant, hence it will be closed so as to keep all the discussion in one thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam